~19~

Jamie POV

I sat on my bed silently, the kids were asleep and so was Ray. I thought over about what he told me, I saw what he was talking about and was ashamed of myself.

*Thuk*

The unusual noise immediately put me on guard. I got up and grabbed my whip.

*Thuk*

*Thuk*

*Thuk*

The noise was getting frequent. I exited the room and walked the hallways silently. Growing up with my mother was useful sometimes, for the wrong reasons.

???: Why do you still have that ball? I told you to get rid of it!

???: And I said it keeps me calm.

Olaf: Will the two of you shut up?!

All the hair on my body stood on end, my eyes widened and I stopped. There were footsteps, and they were getting closer. I moved to go back to the room, but a cold feeling on my neck made me stop.

Olaf: And who's this? The little rat.

Me: Olaf...

Olaf: Don't even think about moving an inch, I'll put a bullet through your neck and watch you choke on your own blood.

Me: That's a bit morbid innit?

Olaf: Oh shut up.

He took the whip from me and had his goons tie my wrists together, Olaf stared into my eyes and grabbed me by the hair, then proceeded to drag me outside.

Olaf: I won't kill you just yet, you're kinda cute. So I'll grant you the mercy of seeing my kill those kids once and for all, then that weird pastor.

Me: Don't call my best friend a freak!

He stopped.

Olaf: Best friend?

Me: Yes. What did you think we were?

Olaf: I thought he was your boyfriend or something, you two look good together.

Me: No! He's like a brother to me!

Olaf slapped me when I raised my voice. Then tied a piece of cloth around my mouth.

Olaf: Oh shut up will you?

Me: mmmhmmmmfmmh

Olaf: What?

I glared at him and he laughed as he closed the van door in my face. I was left in pure darkness, the smell of body odor and sweat filled my senses, there were dirty clothes under me and the scent made me want to throw up.

After sitting in silence for about two minutes, a scream made me jump, there were frantic shouts and crashing, there was the cries on a baby getting closer, the door opens and Sunny was placed next to me, she was crying. When the door slammed close, she continued crying, I inched over to her and spoked behind the cloth to get her attention.

Me: Mmmhmmhhf!!

Sunny: Ahhbbmmhaa

Me: Mhhm

When Sunny finally calmed down, she moved over to me and bit at the rope around my wrist. Ince I was free, I took the cloth from my mouth and smiled.

Me: Thanks Sunny, I'll get you a big piece of carrot for you later.

Sunny made a happy gurgle and I grabbed a knife from the front seat and exited the van, I saw two people standing there, they had their backs turned to us I pocketed the knife and picked up a metal pipe. I eased forward and swung hard, the pipe collided with their head and they fell unconscious, the other person ran at me but I hit them in the jaw with the pipe and the fell to the ground, Sunny clapped and I ran inside.

People running about, I didn't see Klaus and Violet. Then there was a scream, Sunny looked toward the sound and I saw Klaus and Violet being held back by two men. I walked up to them and placed Sunny on the ground.

Me: Sorry sweetie, but I need both my arms to fight these two...

Idiot 1: A woman? The man needs a woman to save him?

Idiot 2: And she looks like a kid too, see how short she is?

That was it, you don't insult my height. I grabbed a vase and threw it at one of the men, it crashed into the side of his head and he let go of Klaus, he ran forward and got behind me, picking up Sunny in the process.

Me: What? Did it hurt?

The second one pushed Violet toward him violently and ran to me, he went for a punch but I doged and grabbed his wrist, I spun under him and brought my elbow down on his arm, there was a crack and he screamed in pain, I dropped him and stomped on his head. The other man seemed to hae been brought back to realtiy before charging at me, he grabbed me by my hair and threw me against the wall.

Violet: Jamie!

Me: I'm fine!

The man kicked me in the stomach, I spat up some blood before he gripped my hair once more and lifted me from the ground, He grinned maniacally and brought his hand back, I grabbed the knife and cute my hair, ducked as he punched and was satisfied with the crack as his fist collided with the the wall. I swept his feet out from under and wrestled with him until I had him in a triangle hold, he used his fist and punched me a few times before he fell unconscious. When I was sure he was unconscious, I let him go and got to my feet shakily.

Klaus: Jamie!

VIolet: Are you ok?

I spat out some blood and nodded.

Me: Yeah... but a really unnecessary question...

Violet: Yeah?

Me: I just cut my very long hair, to get away from a man... is my hair looking good?

Klaus: The pixie cut suits you.

Me: Thank you Klaus, now where is Raymond?

Violet: Olaf took him somewhere outside in the back!

Me: Thank you, you three go hide or run outside to meet the others... I've got a man to save.

Klaus: Stay safe!

Violet: Ok mom.

I ignored the 'mom' comment and ran towards the door, I exited and came face to face with a graveyard, the sounds of shouting and fists coming from the far end of the field, I took off running.