Chapter 29 - A brother and a Sister

Start from the beginning

****

Emiko rented a night in a hostel... where she had slept and lived before; while the Turkish District was on fire. It made her feel like she had suddenly traveled back in time. It was here... on the fateful night of the fire that she met her brother for the first time after arriving in Germany and starting the investigation...

For the first few days, she searched for information about Johan, but soon realized that tracking him was almost impossible in such a big city as Frankfurt. She was also looking for clues related to Franz Bonaparta, who was directly connected to the Red Rose Mansion, and people with connections to General Helmut Wolf. She managed to find out through various sources that one of the people she was looking for was renting a room at the Jahreszeit Hotel. So she decided to go to the place and investigate the situation; at the same time, she was aware of the risk she was taking. If anyone present there exposed her... it could be the end for her.

'...and I can't die because first, I want to... save someone.'

With these thoughts, she passed next tenement houses, walking along the road which at one point intersected with the main railway station of the city. She moved forward with a brisk step, carefully observing the surroundings and the people she passed by.

It was early in the morning; the sun was just rising in the sky, slowly illuminating the area and flooding it with the glow of its rays. The girl stopped for a moment near the stairs, which led directly to the platforms. She looked towards the station building to check the time on the large clock at the top of it, but she had to cover her eyes with one hand to hide from the sunlight that hurt her eyes mercilessly.

Suddenly, a shadow fell over her figure. A shadow so large that it swallowed her whole for a fraction of a second, then exposed her to the sun again. Emiko narrowed her eyes and casually turned her head around in the direction of the man who passed her at that very moment, because with his passing so close, she felt something extremely strange...

The first thing she noticed was a gray long coat, spreading over his shoulders and unbuttoned in the front. There was hair above... Black, long hair fluttered slightly in the wind, revealing from the side a face with brown eyes, light stubble and the stigma of experienced suffering... In one second she realized the current situation.

Her thoughts immediately rejected the previously chosen route and followed the man... Her legs did the same. The young woman, half-conscious, began to follow his steps, abandoning all common sense altogether. He was taller than her, so his next steps were also large. Unlike him, young Tenma had to move her legs faster so as not to lose sight of him. She wanted to scream... speak in some way to stop him, but...

The crowd of passing people seemed to be watching.

Her every move. Every step she was taking.

The first glance of the old man, making a strange face at the sight of her, managed to bring her to some common sense. The girl looked into his direction, then smiled innocently and continued to follow the man from the railway station, only this time... she began to take her steps carefully so as not to attract anyone's attention. She silently thanked the old man for the warning. What if the man in front of her noticed her himself? His behavior remained unknown to her on the matter.

After walking through a few streets, smaller streets, a cross street, and a large grocery store, they finally arrived at a certain destination.

'Hotel Hellbau...'

Thinking little about it, Emiko entered it right behind the man and followed him to the second floor. There he finally disappeared into room 205, and the young woman leaned her back against the wall and tried her best to calm her breathing. She knew what was coming relentlessly...