Epilogue | The Night Belongs to the Moon

Start from the beginning

Dal-ae and Doyoung had already started on their hand signs and gestures for the round of Charades.

'Won?' Taeyong sighed in disbelief. 'You mean to say that Dal-ae pitied you and had to give up because you cried like a baby in front of her?'

'I didn't cry!'

'You did,' Doyoung said. 'Everyone saw it.'

'Okay, shut up, all of you.' Jaehyun turned to Taeyong, 'Like it or not, we are a team, and I am planning to win this round so if you want to win, you better join me.'

Taeyong crossed his arms over his chest and nodded, a scowl on his face as he settled next to him.

'Who is going first?'

'We will start,' Jaehyun said, walking to the centre of the saloon, picking up a cue card on his way and reading the word he had to enact for Taeyong to guess. 'Ha! This is so easy.'

'No talking, now,' Doyoung reminded him. 'Ready?' he asked and when Jaehyun nodded, he flipped hourglass on its top. 'Start.'

Jaehyun immediately assumed the position of a trained archer, with his right hand pulling on an imaginary bowstring, while other holding the bow in place.

'Archery,' Taeyong yelled. 'Archer, aim, shoot, dead, killing, murder.' But Jaehyun shook his head at all the words.

'There is an archer? Yes? Okay. Uh, he is shooting, no, aiming. No, what is he using? An arrow. Bow. Arrow?! No, bow, bow. Okay, bow. He is using a bow. What about the bow?'

'20 seconds left,' Dal-ae said.

'What?' Jaehyun protested. 'We just started.'

'Do the action,' Taeyong yelled. 'Bow? Other names of a bow? What? A bow is called a bow? Weapon? What are you on about? What is it made of? Wood? What type of wood? No? What? Is it arrow? No. Who uses a bow? Archers, killer, assassin. What the fuck is that?'

'Final 10 seconds.'

Jaehyun was frantically flailing his arms at Taeyong now, his face red with an emotion nobody could recognize.

'Bow does not have synonyms!' Taeyong screeched, pulling at his hair. 'Stop doing that! Archery. Crossbow, stake, what the hell, what about the bow?'

'And... time's up,' Dal-ae announced.

'Ribbon!!' Jaehyun yelled and leaped off the floor. 'Ribbon! Another word for bow is a ribbon!'

Taeyong looked at him in disbelief. 'THAT IS NOT THE SAME BOW!!'

'A bow is a bow anywhere.'

'It is not the same bow!' Taeyong's voice came out hoarse. 'Dal-ae is literally sitting here with a ribbon in her hair. You could have just pointed at her hair!'

'You told me not to point at things?!' Jaehyun raised his hands in defence.

'That was because you were pointing at things that started with each letter of the spelling of the word,' Taeyong yelled. 'But you can point at the whole thing. Oh, my god, I can't believe this. I- get out, get out of my house. I don't want to see you anymore. Get out.'

'How am I supposed to know that?'

'Is this your first day here? Were you born yesterday?' Taeyong said, turning to Dal-ae, 'I will kill him. I am going to have to kill him. It is going to be either me or him who is going to live now.'

But Dal-ae was busy practicing the hand signs with Doyoung before she casually stood up from her spot, and picked up the card from the pile to read her word.