008

-Levi pov-

After y/n's mind went all to shit we tied him to a chair in the basement.

"There absolutely no way that the trauma could've made him act out like this." Hanji stated looking confused.

"Well, Eren said these panic attacks started after Maria fell." Erwin said.

"These aren't just panic attacks, it has to be some kind of psychological mind thing." Hanji said making me look at y/n. "And if it is psychological-"

"Speak of the devil, you awake." I said as y/n's head lifted and he looked at me with those dead eyes.

"Y/n we just have a few questions." Hanji said with sweat dripping down her face.

"Why am I tied up?" He asked with no expression as he tugged on the rope.

"Do you not going bad shit crazy." I said making him confused.

"When?"

"Just a few hours ago." Hanji said. "Do you not remember?"

"I do not, you must've mistaken someone else for me." He said looking confused.

"Y/n I have a theory." Hanji said pulling a chair up in front of him. "You don't remember anything after these 'panic attacks', correct?" He nodded him head. "Do we have make him have a panic attack, so we're not asking mindless questions he knows nothing about." Hanji said looking back at us before turned to y/n again.

"How would we do that?" Erwin asked.

"Levi said they were talking about his family and where he was from, so... Levi come talk to him." She moved out of the chair and I sat down.

"Y/n, you could've made your own choices, right?" I asked making him confused.

"I can, but it easier to listen."

"So, when your family died, that was entirely on your choice to stay quiet?" His eyes went wide.

"N-no, I was forced to stay quiet." He panicked with sweat dripping down his face.

"Than it wasn't you making the choice, your letting other people control your life? I thought you were stronger than this." I said as his jaw clenched. "When you heard you brother get ripped apart, you decided to run, did you not?"

"I didn't run, I was-"

"You ran, cause you were afraid."

"I never ran, I wasn't afraid." He looked down.

"Oh, but if you didn't run you'd be dead. So, you left you family to die, you used their screams for you definite. I think you the monster not the titan, you could've help them." He started pulling on the rope.

"I'm a monster?" He muttered. "I killed them?"

"You did, you did it so you would live because your a selfish person y/n and you cant change that fact." I said making his struggles against the rope.

"I'm not selfish." He said pulling in the rope harder. "Stop lying!" He pulled so hard on the rope his wrist started bleeding. "Stop!" He screamed as Hanji pushed me out of the chair and stood in front of him.

"Y/n! Tell me! What happened that day?!" She asked making his stop struggling but his eyes were still wide.

"A t-titan came... it broke threw the house and grabbed my brother...." He paused and looked at me. "He told me to run! There was nothing I could've done! My sisters came with me but it was too late! It didn't even eat them! It just killed them!"

"Did you hit your head or something?" I asked sarcastically but he was so in a panic he took it seriously.

"I-I fell, I c-could've." He stuttered looking at everyone.

"That's it!!" Hanji yelled jumping up.

"What is it?" I asked making her look at me.

"It's called complex trauma, the experience he went through when Maria fell caused him to have that trauma. If I'm right, all his emotions are occupied with that purpose of those panic attacks. His brain is is trying to get those emotions back by having him think of that trauma and thinking every little mistake that happened is his fault." she explained making me really confused.

"What?" I asked.

"His mind set is still that kid from five years ago, meaning he relives that day every moment of his being." She said grabbing my shoulders.

"Children believe anything you tell them, y/n believed you everything you told him. He genuinely thinks he killed his family." Erwin said standing up.

"So this bastard is basically a child?" I asked looking at y/n's scared face.

"Until he finds a purpose and when he does those panic attacks will stop." Hanji said as I took my knife out and cut the rope.

"Slow your breathing, cadet." Erwin said, I turned around and saw y/n was holding his chest with wide eyes.

"A purpose?" He mumbled.