CHAPTER 11

L A S Y A

"No."

Rudransh sent her a look of disbelief.

Lasya smiled lightly as she crossed her legs. "I'm being honest. I was terrified in the beginning because I had no idea what to expect. I didn't know much about you apart from all the rumours I had heard and they weren't the best to begin with. After marrying you, however, I began to understand more and more and that progressively drowned out the fear. I didn't necessarily like all the parts, but at least I got to know the truth. I knew what to expect."

He shook his head lightly. "I doubt it."

"Maybe, but I need to believe it if I intend to retain my sanity here."

Lasya didn't mean it as an offence, but she wouldn't be able to take it back even if he did get offended because it was true. Surprisingly enough, he just looked curious. "You've lived your entire life around the royal family because of your father. You know Vibhava better than anyone, and yet, you're facing so much trouble. Why?"

She gave him a long look. "Do you really think being around royalty and being a part of royalty is the same thing? If you do, then no amount of explaining is going to get my point across."

The wind ruffled his hair just then, momentarily distracting her from the point that she was trying to make. Rudransh's voice snapped her out of it as he stood back up. "I was born into it, so I might not understand as much, but I do get your point. It can get overwhelming."

Lasya also got up and walked over to the centre of the arena. She positioned herself the way he had taught her, eliciting a small smile from him. "Overwhelming is an understatement. I've never envied Veda, but I genuinely have a newfound respect for her now. If royal life can get to you, then I can only imagine her plight as the only princess."

He gestured for her to defend this time, making her raise an eyebrow. Rudransh chuckled before folding his dominant hand back, wielding the sword with his left arm. "Happy?"

"Not nearly." she retorted as she blocked his first blow. "You can easily slice my head off regardless of which hand you use. Both of us know it, so it doesn't really put me at ease."

"Now why would I slice your head off when I can put my hands to better use?" He had a small smirk on his face, but the force of his attacks didn't wane in intensity. Lasya had to use both her arms to block the next blow, unable to concentrate with her ears heating up. Rudransh withheld a smile. "Left hand off. Stick to one hand."

She muttered a curse under her breath as she took the chance to attack him. "Are you doing this on purpose?"

"Doing what?" he asked innocently as he blocked her effort, running the flat of his sword against her bare waist as he returned to his initial position. Crimson tinted her cheeks. "If it's not fear that you feel, Lasya, then what do you feel now? When you're with me?"

He was doing it on purpose. That was the only logical solution. She followed her previous attack with another one, catching him slightly off guard. "I can ask you the same thing then since you seem a little distracted. What do you feel, Your Majesty?"

He shook his head. "You don't want to know."

"Try me." she challenged, regretting it immediately when he tugged her towards him, spinning her until every dip and curve of her back indented perfectly with his hard abdomen. Rudransh leaned down to her ear, forcing her to acknowledge the sword held at her throat. "From the tantalizing droplet of water sliding down the slope of your neck to your blazing eyes, every single thing about you is tempting me more than I thought humanly possible. I pride myself on my control, but now, I'm not so sure. What are you doing to me, Lasya Agnivanshi?"