He lowered his head to look at Wang Yibo, embracing him in his arms, and said, "Don't be afraid, Yibo. I just mentioned it as a reminder, nothing will happen. Don't think too much, I'll be here with you at home. If it gets really bad, I'll take you to the hospital."

The implication in his words was evident, and even a fool could understand it. Wang Yibo listened, and his heartbeat gradually returned to a normal rhythm, leaning against Xiao Zhan's chest. He smelled the scent of pine wood, and the rain outside the forest intensified, masking the already hard-to-find warmth.

Xiao Zhan would refuse not because he disliked Wang Yibo or was concerned about something, but because he cared about Wang Yibo's well-being and wanted to show him the utmost respect. Wang Yibo understood this, so he didn't have the courage to ask Xiao Zhan: "Why don't you want to mark me temporarily?" He could only swallow his grievances silently, feeling that this was the price he paid for his own foolishness.

"I'm not worried" he forced a smile to smooth things over, "I'm just worried that you'll be uncomfortable. You don't have to tell me about your training, I know you'll stay clear-headed no matter what. I'm just saying, there's no need for you to suffer with me. If a temporary mark can solve the problem and make things easier for both of us..."

He was busy all day, and his tie had visible wrinkles. Wang Yibo reached out to smooth it, saying casually, "Just bite my neck, it's not a big deal. I'm not that rigid, and it's you after all, not someone else."

He moved his fingertips lightly, appearing so gentle under the light, setting him apart from others. Xiao Zhan felt like he had entered a dream ahead of time tonight. Wang Yibo nestled quietly in his arms, every word and gesture intimate as if in a fantasy. As he gazed at him like this, he couldn't help but want to call him 'Laopo'

"I'm not someone else?" he heard himself ask – before his rationality took over, bathed in the light of the room. He held Wang Yibo's hand.

Wang Yibo's fingertips twitched, and his eyelashes trembled as if they were struck by electricity. Xiao Zhan didn't hold his hand too tightly, but Wang Yibo couldn't break free. After a moment of silence, he nodded, "Mhm."

"Of course, you're not just anyone" he chuckled and added, "You're Xiao Zhan, my family. Why should I be formal with you?"

Wasn't this the excuse he always used? Hiding his affection behind the guise of "family" but he never expected that Wang Yibo would accept it and turn it back on him. It felt absurd and bittersweet. Xiao Zhan smiled, lowering his head as he gently rubbed Wang Yibo's hand with his fingertips, saying softly, "You're right. We're family, there's no need to be formal with each other."

Wang Yibo echoed with another soft "Mhm" even lighter than the first time.

Changing the subject rather abruptly, he asked Xiao Zhan, "Do you still have a headache?" But the topic switch felt forced, and Xiao Zhan didn't have the energy to notice it. He shook his head and said, "It's much better now. It's late, you should go to sleep. I'll take a shower and sleep too."

"Alright" Wang Yibo looked at Xiao Zhan releasing his hand, curling his fingers, and placing them back at his side. He stood up and said, "Don't set an alarm, sleep a bit longer. I'll wake you up when I get up, and we can go back for lunch then."

Xiao Zhan ruffled his messy hair and nodded with a smile.

The stars and moon were shining brightly outside the window, and tomorrow would probably be a sunny day again. Wang Yibo turned around, pulling the neckline of his pajamas, and for a fleeting moment, desolation filled his eyes.

He stayed up until past midnight, waiting for Xiao Zhan to come home because he wanted to sleep with him. Unfortunately, the results were far from ideal. Xiao Zhan was genuinely afraid of affecting him during his heat, and he showed the utmost restraint and care, protecting him. And now, Wang Yibo's attempts to get closer to Xiao Zhan seemed embarrassingly shameless. But even a hug was ineffective for him, it even added fuel to the fire, leaving behind the lingering scent of pine, leading him into dreams where he privately rendezvoused with the Xiao Zhan that didn't belong to him.

This was wrong, Wang Yibo thought, but he couldn't stop.

The next morning, Xiao Zhan didn't set an alarm, and when Wang Yibo woke up, he was still sleeping.

For the first time ever, Wang Yibo entered the kitchen to prepare breakfast, pouring milk, toasting bread, and setting the jar of jam on the table before going back to Xiao Zhan's bedroom.

He rarely saw Xiao Zhan sleeping, as in their one year of marriage, it was always Xiao Zhan who got up early to cook. Today, the roles were reversed. Wang Yibo knelt by the bed, reaching out to brush aside Xiao Zhan's soft hair.

Xiao Zhan seemed to sense his movement even in his light slumber and furrowed his brows. Wang Yibo immediately retracted his hand, waiting for Xiao Zhan's brows to relax before inching closer again. He leaned down until his breath hovered two centimeters from Xiao Zhan's nose. His warm breath brushed against Wang Yibo's lips. Wang Yibo's gaze traveled over his face from top to bottom.

The tip of his tongue touched the roof of his mouth before gently retreating, and he called, 'Laogong' but he didn't dare to make a sound. Thus, the dream continued secretly.

He called four times, or was it five times? Lost in the sweet fantasy, he lost count. It wasn't until the curtains fluttered from the summer breeze, and sunlight illuminated the green plants by the window that Wang Yibo stood up, putting on his usual expression as he woke up Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan heard that he made breakfast and was somewhat surprised and skeptical, asking as he brushed his teeth, "What did you make? You didn't set the kitchen on fire, right?"

"No, I just toasted the bread and poured milk" Wang Yibo leaned against the wall, watching him and said, "What's that look on your face? Afraid I'd blow up your kitchen?"

"I'm afraid you'd blow yourself up" Xiao Zhan rolled his eyes and then turned to rinse his mouth. After placing the toothbrush back on the sink, he turned back and smiled at Wang Yibo, "Not bad, Wang Yibo xiao pengyou, you've grown up."

"Come on, I'm already 23" Wang Yibo laughed and said, "What's so great about making breakfast?"

Xiao Zhan washed his face and shaved, not making any further comments. His gaze met Wang Yibo's in the half-length mirror, and he lifted an eyebrow, "It's great."