"Always," Annabeth replied.

Percy adopted a serious attitude and stepped forward, being in the center of the room, and consequently the center of everyone's attention.

"Alright, so listen very carefully because I will not repeat myself. Tonight is the night we kill Katherine Pierce, as redundant as that is starting to sound right now. God, it's all I've been talking about lately." Percy sighed. "So let's go over our plans, shall we? Alaric?"

"I'm the back-up plan. If things fail and she tries to run, I'll be at the back entrance with a stake in hand and a vervain grenade, ready for her." Alaric straightened, then added, "She'll expect me to be at Jenna's looking out for her, so she won't suspect my presence at the party."

"Precisely. Wise Girl?"

"I will be keeping an eye on Tyler Lockwood. Who I have never seen before."

"That's irrelevant, continue."

"We know Katherine's on edge since Mason died, she's probably already looking out to make Tyler trigger his lycanthropy. I'll make sure nothing happens to him tonight, so he stays human."

Percy nodded in agreement to the plan so far. "Stefan will lure Katherine somewhere far from mortals, where Damon and I will be waiting. She bargains for her life, tries to manipulate you two, she fights back; I stop her, and Damon sticks a stake through her heart."

"How will you stop her?" Annabeth suddenly asked. "You never told how."

Percy froze. She failed to look Annabeth in the eyes, as she thought about answering her question.

That reaction was enough for Annabeth to know that Percy was intending to use the powers she had used back in Tartarus. Unable to hide her disappointment, the blonde girl looked away.

Percy spoke in Ancient Greek. "Wise Girl, trust me. I know what I'm doing. You won't have to go through what we did in Tartarus. You don't have to be afraid."

"You always end up feeling guilty and hurting yourself when you use those powers. Are you sure you can do it?"

"Yes, I'm sure." Percy shook herself and switched to English. "What was I saying?"

Stefan, Damon and the others looked shocked. "What the hell was that?" asked Damon, trying to recognize the language.

"That's a dead language," Alaric breathed out. "That's-"

"Alaric, please." Percy gave him a pleading look. "Let's focus on what's important."

The vampires, Jeremy and Bonnie still looked confused, and a bit worried for themselves. That was, until Stefan looked at the watched on his wrist and announced that it was time.

"Let's go." Percy looked at Annabeth and Damon. "Ready?"

"Hell yeah."

The Lockwood mansion was quite impressive. More so on the inside than the outside. It was a mix of modern and ancient style, and obviously the blonde demigoddess loved it; she was in awe as they entered through the main door.

Bonnie disappeared immediately, moving towards where she could feel an unknown magical presence lurking. A witch searching for another witch.

After being told who Tyler Lockwood was, Annabeth approached him and his group of friends.

As Percy felt a familiar feeling around her, Damon alerted her to the presence of their target for the day, the elusive Katherine Pierce.

It was starting.