Percy faked a look of horror. "Oh, gods, not shopping.

No sooner had they returned from their shopping trip, than they heard a knock at the front door. Percy, who had been expecting Damon to show up since yesterday when she had left him to kill the werewolf, dreaded confronting him about what he had done.

She opened the door to find the vampire. He looked behind her, spotting Annabeth who had come to see who was at the door.

"Percy?" Annabeth called out, from behind her. "Who is it?"

Percy sighed. "C'mon in. Damon meet Annabeth, my best friend. Annabeth meet Damon, our resident vampire."

Damon's eyes widened as she referred to him as the vampire. "Percy-"

"Relax, she knows all about you," said Percy.

Damon raised an eyebrow at her. "Do your mom and dad know too?"

"No, they don't. I don't want to worry them."

"So, I've heard a lot about you," said Annabeth.

"All good, I hope," Damon joked.

Annabeth gave him a look. "I wouldn't say that."

"We have a lot to discuss," said the vampire, looking from Annabeth to Percy.

"So we do."

"I'll, um, go check on Sally," said Annabeth, going towards the kitchen where Percy's mother was making lunch. It was obvious she wanted to give the two of them some privacy.

As soon as she was out of earshot, Damon started to speak, "Percy, I-"

"You shouldn't have tortured Mason Lockwood," Percy interrupted him, not wanting to beat around the bush.

"Vampires and werewolves are natural enemies," said Damon. "And he threatened to kill me and my brother."

"And you did kill him," stated Percy.

"If this would just be a bad memory, I can make you forget it," said Damon.

"What are you-"

Damon moved closer to Percy and looked her in the eyes. "You're going to forget what I did to Mason Lockwood. You will only remember going to my house and finding out about the moonstone."

"Damon, what the hell?" Percy demanded. "Did you just try to compel me?"

"Why didn't it work?" asked Damon, shocked. "Are you wearing vervain?"

"No, I'm not wearing vervain," snapped Percy. "And for your information, compulsion won't work on me. Why did you try to compel me?"

"I didn't want you to think I was a bad person," said Damon.

"And why do you care what I think?"

"Because we were just starting to become close. And I didn't wanna ruin that," admitted Damon.

"You didn't ruin anything, Damon," said Percy, moving closer to him. "I was just worried about the way you were acting. It was not normal. I was afraid you'd turned your humanity off."

"How do you know so much about vampires?" Damon wondered.

Percy glared at him. "Don't change the topic." I know so much thanks to the book Annabeth gave me, Percy thought. But you don't need to know that.

"I didn't turn my humanity off, Percy. I just acted on impulse," explained Damon. "I only thought about the fact that Mason threatened to kill my brother and I, and I was afraid he was gonna follow through with it. You'd have noticed I tend to act impulsively a lot." He risked a smile.

Percy couldn't help but smile back. She liked it that he was being so honest with her and that he cared about what she thought, enough to try to make her forget about it. Though, she didn't like it that he had tried to compel her.

"I'm still mad that you tried to compel me into forgetting," said Percy.

"I'm sorry," he said. "What do I have to do to make you forgive me?"

Percy's eyes lit up. "Buy me blue ice cream."

Damon laughed. "What is the deal with you and blue food?"

"Did someone say 'ice cream'?" Annabeth poked her head inside the room.

"Yes. We're going to the Grill. C'mon."

They walked to his car, Damon with his arms around Percy's shoulder. As she explained about her liking of blue food, they laughed all the way to the Grill.

A/n: I'm aware that Damon might be a little OOC but it suits my story better this way. Keep reading! Hope you like it!