The second party has been after the Second War. But it had been... more depressing. A lot of demigods had died, and they couldn't simply ignore that. Percy, Annabeth and Nico were fresh out of Tartarus and going through a bad phase.

"We're here," Sally announced, shaking Percy out of her thoughts.

Startled, she looked out of the window. She hadn't been to that part of the town yet, so it was a new view for her. She had to admit that it would've been a perfect place for the park, if that was indeed what this social event was for.

She saw some people painting and moving stuff, building stuff. Lots of tents with lemonade stands and food charts hung at the corner, along with books and other things, like jewelry.

A social event for both gathering money and building a park.

Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day. Percy wasn't sure where the name came from. But okay. At least it would be distracting. And she wanted to hear what Damon had to say.

"I've got some buckets of paint, and some wood..." Paul said, trying to unload all the stuff in the trunk of his car.

Percy couldn't help showing off her skills, ahem, magic, as she began to levitate out the contents of the trunk onto the ground.

"Percy, no!" Sally looked horrified. "Someone could see you!"

"They can't," replied Percy with a cheeky grin. "Because, you know, the Mist."

"Right, the Mist." Sally looked relieved.

"What's the Mist?" said a voice behind them.

Percy started, then relaxed as she turned behind her to find Damon.

"It's you," said Percy. "Seeing as you're here, you might as well help with lifting those bigger pieces of wood."

"Why don't you just use your magic?"

Sally and Paul looked alarmed at the fact that he had spotted Percy.

"Relax, mom." She turned to look at at Sally. "He can see through the Mist. It's no big deal."

"But, then, does he..." Sally trailed off, but Percy understood her meaning.

"No, he doesn't," She assured her mother.

"Hello," Damon waved a hand at Percy. "I'm standing right here."

"Yes," replied Percy. "And that's why you're coming with me, and we're putting an end to this conversation right here. We'll be back, mom."

She led him away from her parents.

"Okay, spill."

Damon looked around him for a minute, trying to find Stefan, Elena or Caroline. "Stefan broke up with Elena. And I think it's because Caroline is reporting whatever happens between them back to Katherine."

"You think Katherine's gonna go for Stefan now?"

"I don't think so. I know so."

"Is that what you wanted to tell me?" Percy asked.

"That, and another small thing," replied Damon.

"What?"

"I tried to kill Mason with a silver knife," Damon admitted. "And he might be trying to get back at me."

"Why would you do that?" Percy exclaimed.

"Because he's a werewolf," said Damon. "We're natural enemies."

"That doesn't mean you have to try to murder him," chided Percy.

"Anyway, that's not what I wanted to talk to you about," said Damon.