24: viewers and strolls

a/n: i'm going to be editing last chapter so that it's just a flashback after i get back from vacation. i hope you all understand and happy reading!

Vix's pov:

Tommy pulls me into a hug, holding me like he's scared I'll disappear into thin air. He rests his forehead against mine and I can't help the slight smile that forms from the soft action. New tears fall down my face but this time they're Tom's, rolling down my face as well as his.

"Please don't cry," I mutter, voice raspy.

"I can't stand seeing you upset, especially since I'm the cause of it."

"Nuh uh. We are not starting the blame game here, okay?" I chuckle, trying to ease the tension.

"Okay," he sniffles, thankfully a smile forming as well.

"Let's go take a walk, yeah?"

"Yeah. I think I know just the place to go, too."

"Let me grab a hoodie, okay?" I say with our foreheads still resting against each other.

"Alright-"

"And please no more dishes."

"Alright," says Tommy, this time with a laugh.

After a couple minutes, I find him back in the living room. I reach my hand out for him and he takes it, smiling down at me. Before we leave the apartment, I scribble down a note for Luna on a paper towel.

"So," I break the silence as we walk out onto the cold streets of Brighton, "where are you taking us?"

"You'll see," Tommy hums. "Just don't let go and you'll be alright." He chuckles at his last statement.

"Oh, alright," I playfully roll my eyes, still damp from crying earlier. I squeeze his hand before just watching the cars pass us.

"Y'know you can tell me anything, right Vicky?"

"Yeah, of course," I brush him off, still watching the streets.

"Then could you tell me what you're thinking right now?"

I'm thinking about how much I love being with you. The way your hand feels in mine. The way I've never felt this connection before. The way my heart skips a beat when I realize you're listening- and I mean really listening- to me.

But I don't say that. Instead I say,

"You... and how I don't want to fuck this up."

But how could you fuck something up that isn't there?

Tommy seems to read between the lines and cuts off my thoughts.

"That's why we're gonna talk about it, dummy." He ruffles my hair to ease my concern, making me giggle.

"Okay, okay. I get it. I'm just worried I might've crossed a line."

"Elaborate?"

"I mean, we just haven't known each other very long, and I wasn't sure if... having feelings... might be too soon. I really don't want to scare you off by misreading something, y'know?"

"No, I get that." He nods understandingly.

"Like, you know how close I am with Luna. The two of us know everything about each other. With her, there's not a fear of rejection because I know she'll always be there for me. But because of that, the years I've known her make the weeks we've known each other look awfully vulnerable and fragile, if that makes sense.

"I've also looked up to you, since like, forever," I laugh nervously. "Before we even spoke, I looked up to you as an inspiration for my content. I don't want you to think of me as some charity thing, like you're being friends with me just because you see me as a fan or some shit."