12: explanations and invitations

Vix's pov:

Shutting the door quietly, I walk down the hall and out into the living area. When I reach the room, I'm able to finally get a good look at it.

The living room consists of two couches, connected to form the shape of an "L", an armchair, and a bookshelf wall with a large flatscreen placed in the center of the largest shelf. A coffee table comprised of glass and wood sits between the couches and the armchair, and pillows are littered over both the seating areas.

Ran and Luna are both sat on opposite ends of the "L" couch- yes that is its name now- and I can tell that Luna, even with her mask still on, is giving me a look. Ranboo is harder to tell, though, seeing as I've only just met him, but I'm pretty sure they're giving me a similar reaction.

"What?" I ask as I make my way to sit next to Luna.

"Oh, nothing. Just wondering what all that was about." I merely roll my eyes in response.

"Just for that, I think I'll sit beside Ranboo, my beloved."

"To be fair, I was thinking the same thing."

"Maybe I'll just go back and crash Tom's stream again-"

"Oh, so he's 'Tom' now?" she continues to tease.

"Moony, would you cut it out? It's literally his name." At this point, I still haven't sat down. Instead, I'm standing in front of them, hands on my hips and glaring. I don't know why I'm being so defensive, I'm just kind of on edge right now. Why, though? I couldn't tell you.

"Okay, okay," Luna says, raising her hands in defense. "I believe you; I was only teasing. I'm sorry if I pushed the limit."

"It's fine," I say, crossing back over to her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you. I feel on edge, and I don't even know why."

"Oh, I'm sorry, hun." When I sit down, she lifts her arms so that I can lay down on her lap.

"I'm sorry, did I miss something?" Ranboo says with a confused look on their face, motioning between the two of us.

"Oh!" I say, jumping back up. "No, we're not-"

"We're not together, babes. Although this one," she says, pulling me back down, "did have a little crush on me for a hot minute."

"We literally dated! And it was middle school, the eighth grade!" I fling my arms animatedly as I say this, once again laying on Luna's lap. From Ranboo's perspective, I probably look like one of the people you'd see at a psychiatrist on TV.

"Oh, calm down."

I force myself out of Luna's comforting hold and sit back up beside her. "Ran- can I call you Ran? Anyway- we were literally 13. It lasted for two weeks and was only because we found out that we both liked girls. Obviously, I was still fem presenting at the time, so it was more of like a-"

"Hey! I'm gay, you're gay. Wanna go out?" they finish, laughing. "Yeah, the same thing sort of happened to me, although I don't talk to him anymore and was high school. I've never mentioned it on stream before because I didn't really see the need to."

"It's actually how we became friends, though. Right, Vicky?"

"Yeah," I respond, looking at Luna. "We were the only people who were somewhat out, so we tried dating. But, I mean, we were 13. Obviously, that's not gonna stick, and we also thought we were just better off as best friends."

"Now I'm stuck with this gremlin forever."

"Oh, fuck off," I say, shoving her. "Moving on, sorry we crashed your 'Tommy Time'. I guess I just got so excited about us possibly being neighbors that I just completely looked past the fact that he said someone was coming over."