Promises Promises

Start from the beginning

Before she could finish, Narcissa smiled broadly. "It sounds like a fantastic idea, love. You just caught us off guard," she said gently.
"How about we dress appropriately? Draco can fetch my telescope from the library, and then we can stargaze."

Draco suddenly seemed excited. "Sounds great!" he smiled in relief.

Cassiopeia sighed. She definitely preferred seeing smiles on their faces, and she would make sure she could provide them while they were in her presence.

(...)

Sitting on the lawn, they watched the sky

Sitting on the lawn, they watched the sky. The stars seemed to dance above them. Narcissa couldn't take her eyes off them, always with a loving smile on her face. Every time their gazes met, Cassi felt a shiver running through her entire body, an electric sensation that made her tremble.

Draco, on the other hand, seemed lighter than he had in a long time.

"Thank you, dear," Narcissa suddenly said.

"For what?" Cassi asked, confused.

"For being in our lives," she replied in a whisper.

Cassiopeia turned to look at her better, and their noses brushed against each other due to the proximity. She blushed furiously and pulled back a bit with a smile.

"The sky looks so beautiful," Draco commented, looking at the stars.

"Indeed, absolutely gorgeous," Narcissa replied, but she wasn't looking at the stars. Her gaze was fixed on Cassiopeia.

(...)

The next morning, Cassi was shocked when she read the newspaper. Mr. Weasley had been brutally attacked at the Ministry and narrowly escaped with his life. She decided to write letters to the Weasleys wishing for their recovery.

While she was worried, Narcissa came up from behind and placed her hand on Cassi's shoulder, making her shiver slightly. The older woman stifled a laugh and kissed her on the cheek.

"What's bothering you, love?" she asked with concern.

"Mr. Weasley was attacked at the Ministry," Cassi said, handing the newspaper to the older woman.

Narcissa took it and gave it a brief look, wrinkling her nose in disgust. At that moment, Draco entered and seemed excited about what he heard.

"It was about time the world got rid of at least one Weasley, there are too many of them," Draco said with a mocking smile.

Cassi was shocked by Draco's comment and reprimanded, "Draco! That's a horrible thing to say."

"Don't worry about those people," Narcissa intervened before her son could respond. "We have some shopping to do!" she said, pulling a chair next to Cassi.

"Shopping?" Cassi asked, confused.

"Of course, dear! For Christmas," Narcissa said as she spread butter on a toast. "Also, I'd like to get you a dress for the New Year's Ball. You're going, aren't you? To the New Year's Ball?" she asked suddenly, looking anxious.