Dream On

Since his performance last week, Mickey and Kurt's relationship had truly grown. The two were no longer fighting or snapping at each other over petty things. Kurt had apologized so many times that Mickey begged him to stop. That was one flaw Mickey truly had, he was quick to forgive. No matter what you had done to him, how you made him feel, the boy would forgive you as soon as you said sorry.

but one thing Mickey could never fully do….

                                                   was forgive himself.

Mickey didn’t forgive himself for surviving the car crash. Mickey didn’t forgive himself believing Lexi’s lies. Mickey didn’t forgive himself for fighting with Kurt. Mickey didn’t forgive himself for being mad at his dad for moving on. Mickey didn’t forgive himself for ruining his friendships over and over again.

But most of all Mickey hadn’t forgiven himself for yelling at Carole, who had been nothing but kind to him. The woman was trying her best and he knew that, Mickey knew that Carole truly did want to get to know him. The Hudson woman tried time and time again to gain some type of relationship with him and over and over again Mickey yelled or walked away.

It was only a matter of time before she was going to give up on him…right?

"Okay, guys, listen up," Mr. Schue earned the attention of the glee club, stopping all of their murmuring, gesturing to a man none of them knew  "This is Mr. Ryan. He's a member of the school board, and he would like to say a few words. I-l just want you guys to listen critically and know that what he's saying is just one of many opinions." He stuttered out, his words causing Mickey and Santana to share a look

"Take out a piece of paper. And on that paper, I want you to write down your biggest dream. A dream that means so much, you're afraid to admit it even to yourself.!" The man, Brian, instructed everyone.

Brittany took three pieces of paper out of her notebook, giving herself and Santana a full sheet and Mickey and Mike one to share. She handed all of them crayons to write with, winking at them.

Mickey sighed as he thought of what his dream was. The teen wasn’t one to dwell on the future so he was coming up blank the harder he tried to think of something. Glancing at his friends and brother he smiled softly and wrote his dream with a sad smile.

Mr. Ryan suddenly snatched Artie's piece of paper from the boy's hand, crumpling it up. "Your dream is never going to happen," Ryan said, throwing Artie's dream into the trash and turning to the club, "Ninety one percent of you will spend your entire lives living in Allen County, Ohio. Sounless you wrote down that your dream was to 'work for a mid-market health insurance provider' or 'find an entry level job in an elderly care facility, you're going to be very disappointed."

His words ruined most of their moods, Mickey frowning softly crumbling his paper in his hands

"This is really depressing." Mercedes frowned.

"I'm going to guess that a lot of your dreams involve 'showbiz'" Mr. Ryan rolled his eyes, "Well, let me tell you. Showbiz dreams are the most unrealistic of them all.!"

"But... that's what I want to do with my life!" Tina spoke up, causing Mickey to look at her in surprise, he had really forgot she was part of the club

Mr. Ryan sighed, "Oh, look, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I'm just trying to spare you disappointment."

"I think we get your point." Mr. Schuester tried to cut him off.

"Aw, well, Schuester here's a prime example," Mr. Ryan put his arm around his teacher's shoulders, "He used to have that glimmer of hope in his eyes that I can see right now in all of yours. But he couldn't make it happen for himself, so he now has to try and convince you all that it will happen for you. Guess what? His dream didn't work out. And neither will yours."