03 || MOLLY'S II

Ever since the night of his brothers engagement party, aka the best night of his life, Otis had been so swept up in the quest of finding his mystery girl that he'd forgotten all about Herrmann's insane idea about expanding Molly's.

In all honesty, Molly's Two was the last thing on Otis's mind right now and frankly he didn't really care about it either, nor did he think it was even that good of an idea considering how long it took for them to raise Molly's off the ground.

All he could think about was his mystery girl. All he wanted to think about was her. She was so deeply ingrained in his mind that he couldn't bring himself to even want to think about anything other than her. Other than a world where the two of them were together and happy. A world that he knew was no more than a distant and unlikely dream. But even still, it was a dream he very much liked to submerge himself in completely, ignoring those around him as often as he could and for as long as he possibly could too.

"I made it clear that I wanted to hear the proposal no later than Thursday." Herrmann's cautionary voice soon pulled Otis from his thoughts, the glaze over his eyes diminishing as he was brought from his dream world, back into the real world. The bland, boring, miserable real world.

"Can we do Friday?" Mouch inquired with an arched eyebrow after he'd flicked through his Filofax, earning himself an unamused frown from Cruz.

"We will be ready on time." Cruz interrupted, his attention shifting from Mouch to, the equally as unconvinced as himself, Herrmann. 

"I hope so. Or else I'll have to reach out to other interested parties." Herrmann said with a shrug of his shoulders as he stood from the chair, making Otis chuckle softly into his mug as he knew there were no other interested parties.

Only Mouch and Cruz were stupid enough to get themselves into this mess.

"Roomie, you gotta help me and Mouch put this thing together." Cruz pleaded, Otis's gaze shifting towards his friend whose palms were pressed together in hope.

"Why would I get in the middle of it?" Otis asked as he took a sip of coffee. "Especially when you guys won't help me with my own task... Like finding this woman." One finger from the hand that was wrapped around the mug raised, pointing accusingly at his friends, both of whom seemed offended by that statement.

"Otis, all we've been doing for the past week is help you." Cruz replied defensively. "It's not our fault you have a bad memory... Not to mention the fact that you're a Molly's owner and you got stake in it too."

Otis sighed into his mug, lowering it from his mouth as his gaze flicked between Cruz and Mouch, the former of which silently begging him with his eyes. Perhaps Cruz had a point. They had all been helping him find this girl for the past week without complaints, doing whatever they could to make his quest easier and make him happier.

And it wasn't their fault he had a bad memory either, which at this point was the only thing holding him back from finding her. So maybe it was only fair that he help them with something in return, as it was his bar too after all and if they messed it up, then it would be him stuck up a creek without a paddle not just Herrmann, and Gabby, who had own more important concerns to deal with right now like becoming a firefighter.

"Come on, man, be our rabbi on this." Cruz begged, his hands once again pressed together.

"Fine, I guess..." Otis sighed in defeat as he set his mug down. "You know, on a purely advisory capacity." He couldn't help but smile a little, earning himself a thankful and appreciative pat on the back from Cruz.

"Guys, I'm working on a presentation that's gonna knock Herrmann's socks off." Mouch said proudly, choosing to ignore the unconvinced look his friends shared with each other.