63. Like there was no tomorrow

Life is but a dream

Nivedya and Nimrit's union was like that of a pizza and cheese, better together. As a team, they could win against all but Abhedya, made them regret playing a prank on him.

Life was smooth like the butter Nimrit applied to her toast. Swarnbhoomi made her rediscover herself. She felt free, liberated and above all happy. Reet and Amber couldn't be more thankful to see their daughter loving her life. She was doing excellent academically and won all major skating competitions in Swarnbhoomi. Barkha and Nimrit's gossip sessions reduced but they made a conscious effort to update each other about their life.

It was Reet and Amber's anniversary and Nimrit decided that they should have a grand celebration. Aadya, Shakti and Raghav helped her decorate the house like a bride while Nandini took charge of arranging a couple pampering session for Reet and Amber at the best spa centre.

Swarnima and Nivedya had taken the responsibility of arranging food for a party they were having in the backyard of Nimrit's home. Everything was going as per plan and Nimrit's happiness knew no bounds.

Around five in the evening, Nimrit checked the preparations and was satisfied with the work. Shakti and Raghav left for getting ready and Nivedya came to check on Nimrit.

"Hey,"

"Heyyy," Nivedya smiled at Nimrit's excited reply. She twirled around and asked Nivedya what he thought about the decor.

Nivedya admired the aesthetic spread of white flowers of multiple varieties on all walls and pillars. The entrance had a dome made of purple fairy lights sparkling everything around. Instead of tables, Nimrit had arranged mattresses and round cushions around the bonfire for sitting. There was a small stage with a mic and karaoke system.

"This is as beautiful as your smile." Nivedya winked at Nimrit who rolled her eyes at his cheesy comment. "So, are you also a honeymoon baby?" Nivedya asked putting a glass back in its place.

Nimrit didn't understand his question so Nivedya came closer to her and explained, "Honeymoon baby... A child that is born exactly after nine/ten months of marriage. Abhey is a honeymoon baby, are you too?"

Nimrit's smile vanished from her face. She hadn't told Nivedya about her past and today wasn't the best day to tell him. She didn't want to ruin her day with the worst memories of her life. "It's my parent's seventh anniversary."

Nivedya furrowed his brows with confusion and then thought maybe Nimrit was a love child too, just like his brother Maan. Pri conceived before marrying Randeep but when they got the news they married immediately. Nimrit was fourteen, what took her parents so long, Nivedya wondered.

"I know you have a lot of questions on your mind and I shall answer them all, but tomorrow." Nimrit took a rose in her hand and sat on her knees in front of Nivedya. She held Nivedya's right hand in her left and confessed to him, "Nivi, since the day we collided on the skating ground, our relationship has been rolling at different speeds. We fought like enemies and loved each other like Romeo and Juliet. I was this girl who had always lived in a closed, quiet and disciplined atmosphere. But your grand entry brought a tsunami in my life in which all my inhibitions shattered. I feel alive when I am with you and every fibre of my being is grateful to you for the content smiles that grace my face. You shared everything with me including your adorable family."
Nimrit fought the tears in her eyes and continued, "Nivi, I realise something is missing between us and you will never mention its absence. But your care, concern, friendship and love have won my heart all over again and I want us to be together until we find where the circle ends."

Nivedya was speechless after Nimrit's glorious words of confession. He felt possessed by a powerful spell of love and he drowned in its depth. Nimrit pecked Nivedya's lips briefly but his dazed self didn't register anything. "Nivi," Nimrit called him softly to gain his attention and Nivedya engulfed her in a tight hug. They remained in each other's arms until Nimrit's phone rang.