46. Action - Romance

The more you explore one another the more you discover about each other.

Arya laughed at Nimrit while eating cookies and said, "I like her. She is fun. Say more na." Rudra also grinned and Nandini eyed them to keep quiet.

Nandini detangled Nimrit's loose strand and said, "Girls are so innocent. Aren't they? Nimrit you are right, we won't let you go. Not because we are too kind and all those adjectives you have in your head, but because we are too selfish to give away the time we got as a bonus to spend with an amazing girl, like you."

"Amazing? I feel like I am a curs..." Nimrit didn't complete the word "curse" because she knew Nivedya's parents saw the world with refinement in their eyes. They overlooked flaws in people. "I am overwhelmed by your words and your hospitality. But it is for the benefit of everyone. If anything happens to anyone because of me, I will not be able to forgive myself."

"And what if, all this is happening because of us? Because of me?" Rudra said in a low voice and got up from the sofa. He turned his back and continued, "Nimrit, all this mess in our life is all because of some untimely and selfish decisions. Some conspiracies and some dark stories of revenge."

"Mamu, she is a small girl who is stressed with whatever happened. No need to take her seriously. Nimrit, you want to increase the trouble for your parents?" Arya questioned Nimrit in seriousness, and she nodded her head in a strong 'no'. "Good then. Just stay here and don't get worked up. Who gets a chance to stay with their boyfriend with their parent's permission? I mean you guys should make the most of this time."

Nimrit widened her eyes and Nandini suppressed her smile because Nimrit wasn't used to the liberal Singh family. The beautiful shade of red crept on her skin, and she breathed deeply to hide it. Nandini and Rudra were totally in awe of the girl their son had chosen.

"Arya, stop making her conscious. Nimrit don't blame yourself for anything. It's just a matter of some time. Reet is recovering well. Till then don't bother your father with these things. He has a lot to deal with, already. What happened today will never happen again, I assure you." Rudra tried to persuade and explain to Nimrit, but she didn't reply to him. She was worried about her parents, but she couldn't let anything happen to Nivedya too.

"I just do not want Nivi to suffer because of me," Nimrit said in a very low voice, but everyone heard her.

"Nimrit, this is too much love for Nivi. I doubt he can digest it." Nandini hit Arya's arm playfully for his comment and Rudra went away nodding his head in disapproval of the situation.

"The definition of "too much" is too personal, Dr Arya. My father says one should limit the limit to love. Besides, with a fine doctor like you, by his side, Nivi need not worry about digestive problems." Nimrit gave a smile to Arya, but he couldn't return it. His heart was filled with emotions. The little girl standing in front of him looked like a spitting image of Swarnima who was the epitome of love and sacrifice, and he didn't want Nimrit to suffer like her. When Arya didn't respond Nimrit added, "sorry. Did I overstep my boundaries?"

"Lovers know no boundaries, sweetheart. And there is no, I and you in love, just a beautiful 'us'. So, play like a team and overcome the obstacles." Rudra coughed hard hearing Arya speak words of wisdom. He was the clown of the family and talking wise was not his territory.

"Hail Dr Arya." Rudra bow his head in front of Arya, and everyone shared a good laugh.

Nimrit was convinced everything was alright and she shouldn't worry. She took permission from Nandini and entered Nivedya's room for the first time. She saw him sleeping peacefully and touched his cheek with love. She inhaled the air filled with his aroma and thanked God for keeping him safe. She kept staring at him and observed how he slept. His mouth was a little open and he snored softly. Probably the painkiller had kicked in. Nimrit was crushing over her boyfriend, again. She couldn't believe how someone so handsome had marked her his and loved her so profoundly.