Witch With A Ring

Waiting.

All I was doing recently.

Meet the teacher was always nerve racking for me and my anxiety, though this was only my second year so I guess I didn't have anything to compare it to.

But now...

God, how was this going to go?

Everything was so different.

All thanks to a stupid eclipse.

"Hey, you okay, Fia?" I heard and there was one of only two people here that knew my secret.

Tristan.

Why was he here?

He shouldn't be here tonight.

Tristan was our speech pathologist, basically he helped the kids that needed the help with speech needs so he didn't even need to be here tonight.

I don't tbh k.

But I couldn't help but smile, "I'm fine. As much as I can be. I thought you didn't have to be here."

"I don't. But is it bad to check up on you?" He asked.

Whatever this was, I wasn't sure I hated it.

Though everything was different now.

And he knew it.

I laughed, "I guess it could be worse. Do you check up on everyone?"

Tristan fixed his glasses and shook his head with a smile, "No. Just you. No one else had the same experience you did over the summer."

Yeah, that.

I nodded, "Can we not talk about that today? I'd like to get through tonight as normal as possible. This will be the only time before the kids come and move in that the school will be empty. I won't have to worry about...this."

This.

I looked away, I felt so bad.

How he saw me that day was horrible.

Not something I wanted anyone to see, but I wasn't the only one unfortunately.

He grabbed my hand, "Hey, it's okay. I'm not here to judge."

"Lies!" I heard a hiss in my mind.

No, I can't....

Not now.

"Fia?" He asked me.

I shook my head, "It's nothing."

Taking my hand back, Tristian looked a bit hurt, but he understood the transition I was going through.

However, he did say, "I know you. I know what happened and like I said then, I'm here for you, even if you're not ready for a relationship."

Yeah, I remember that.

"Hey, Fia are you...oh, I didn't know you had someone here." I heard and looked at the door.

It was my teammate on the grade team, Kalinda Ortiz.

She knew of my secret too.

She happened to be in the hallway when it happened.

I'm sure it was a hard mental picture to get rid of.

She was older than me, having three kids that were basically teenagers, but you couldn't always tell.

With her darker blond hair, glasses and she was equally as tall as me.

Plus she acted like she had more energy than me half the time and I was only 22.

Though her age showed when she tried to use technology.