Ch 9: Stinky Ass Father

💀  Ryder pov:

"Mom. We're here." I yelled once I opened the door letting Summer inside first.

She shivered in the cold air.

"I didn't think about how cold it would be." She said rubbing her arms. With her teeth chattering.

"Oh my goodness. You must be Summer." I looked up seeing my mom rushing to us and pulling Summer into a hug.

"Yes ma'am. And you must be his sister." She said with a cute smile.

My mom waved her hand in the air. "Oh stop it. I'm his mother. You can call my Julie."

"Yes ma'am." Her cheeks were so red. I don't know if I should smile or laugh.

"Oh your so beautiful. You two look so cute together. Why dont you come sit. Dinner will be ready in just a moment."

"Your doing great." I whispered in Summer's ear as we walked to the table.

I could see her cheeks get even peachyer.

"Mrs. Julie do you need any help?" Summer asked going to the kitchen doorway.

"You can grab that bowl on the counter if you like." My mom answered carrying things along her arms and hands.

"Wow your a professional." Summer said smiling.

"Oh well when I was younger before I met Ryders dad I was actually a waitress. So I learned a thing or two." She said sitting laughing at old memories.

A loud bang broke the laughter.

"Oh that must be your father. He's been dealing with some irritating clients recently."

I watched as my father walked in. Not saying a word. And sitting down at the table.

"Hi Honey. We have a guest this is Summer. Ryders girlfriend." My mom said sweetly.

My father looked up from his plate. Eyeing Summer.

"Where'd he pick you up at?"

"Dad?" "Honey?" My mom and I said in unison.

"What I'm sorry. Our son doesn't have a good reputation with women as we find him with a new one every week or so." He said bluntly.

"Still Summer is a nice girl." My mom said with a smile in Summer's direction.

Summer still had a smile on her face but you could see that what he had said upset her.

"Mr. Anderson." Summer spoke up.

I looked in her direction. Giving her a what are you doing look.

"Yes." My dad said resting his chin on his hands.

"I think I should introduce myself. My name is Summer Kingsley. I go to school with Ryder and I'm actually his tutor."

"Oh really? So your smart? What's your GPA?" He asked intimidatingly.

"I don't usually tell people this because most don't believe me but I have a 4.3 GPA."

"Wow you must be really smart. He's never brought someone home that I think could actually read. So Ryder look at you moving up." My father said with a smug smile nudging me.

We continued eating. With mom talking through most of dinner.

"Wow Mrs. Julie that was amazing." Summer said laying her fork on her napkin.

"Well thank you. I have dessert. Would you mind helping me grab it Ryder?" My mom said looking at me.

"Um sure."