Chapter 14 - Unconciousness

I sat with my mother father and Lo’ak in silence as we all cooked dinner together. 

We were not expecting the shouting and yelling that neared our Marui.

“Dad!” Neteyam yelled. Tuk was in Tsireyas arms behind them. Rotxo next to Neteyam, trying to keep the limp girls head up. Tonowari and Ronal were rushing up behind them when they had heard the commotion.

When I saw who was in Neteyams arms I sprinted as fast as I could to her, almost crashing into Neteyam who held Kiri bridal style.

“Dad I don’t know what to do!” he yelled out as my father approached. “She had a seizure underwater when she connected-” He couldn’t finish his sentence as my father had grabbed his daughter and rushed her into their Marui.

I ran after and dropped down next to my mother who cradled Kiri in her arms. I couldn’t say anything. I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t feel anything.

“seze-“ Neteyam whispered, holding onto my shoulders. But before he could do anything I turned and hissed. I didn’t want to see him. I didn’t want to see anyone.

All I wanted was my twins safety.

“I'll call in Norm” My father mumbled, rushing outside to contact the scientist.

Tonowari, Ronal, Tsireya and Ao’nung all gathered around the entrance of our Marui.

I could feel Ao'nung’s eyes lock onto me. But I did not take my eyes off of Kiri. I would never ever leave her again.

My father had returned, telling us all to get some sleep. Kiri seemed to be stable for now. And we wouldn’t be able to do anything for a day or 2 till Norm and max had arrived.

My siblings all headed off to sleep, my mother and father sat against the wall, holding each other in their arms as they slowly and reluctantly went to sleep.

I lay next to my sister. Curled up as tightly as I could as I faced the unconscious girl.

I did not shut my eyes. I did not sleep. I didn’t want to sleep. But hell I was tired.

“Seze. she will be ok” Someone called out. I sat up to see who it was.

My father was looking at me with a sad smile. “at least try and sleep” he whispered, as though he could read my thoughts at the time. I shook my head and looked back down at my sister, sitting up straight and crossing my legs.

“please. Nothing can be done” he whispered, removing my mothers hand from his chest and crawling over to my side, crouching down and placing a hand on the back of my neck.

“you need it, alright.”

“I don’t need anything but my sister to wake up.” I snapped back, trying not to wake the others. I looked at my father with an angered look. “I need the one person I love more than anything else, to wake up and be ok”

“Seze-“

“I need the one person I am staying on this god damn island for, to stay alive” I looked back to my sisters calm face. “so do not tell me I need sleep”