Chapter 11 - Serious Talks

Kiri's POV:

"What!" My father yelled from a few Marui down.

My siblings and I all looked to Ao'nung when we heard his parents and ours fighting.

"What did you do?" Lo'ak hissed to the boy. Ao'nung stood there quietly, his head dropped. He really had done something. It was clear he regretted it.

Soon my mother came back with angered eyes. She poked her head through the entrance, looking around.

"where is your sister?" she asked quickly. Clearly not happy with the girl. "Where is Seze?" she asked again once she saw our stunned faces.

"she was right there" Neteyam replied looking to where my twin had previously moved to. But she was no where to be seen. Where had she gone?

"She is gone" My mother yelled once she had stepped away from the Marui and walked in the direction of our father.

Neteyam looked to me with worried eyes.

He had always worried for our sister. We all knew that there was something playing with her head. But Neteyam and I always seemed to worry the most out of our siblings. Our parents tried to play it off so as not to alarm us but she was my twin and I could feel something wasn't right. And Neteyam. He was her older brother. He was just as protective of her as I was.

"I want you to pan out...look for her ok?" Our father yelled, running around the corner to us. We all nodded, not hesitating to drop our food and run off in different directions.

I thought that after 17 years of living with Seze, my family would have known exactly where she would be. More like who she would be with.

I ran right for the Ikran, climbing over a few stray logs before coming into the opening. I threw my hands up when I saw Seze, crouched on the ground with her knife and teeth displayed, a hiss escaping her lips.

"It is just me, sister" I whispered. I hoped like hell no one would find us because I had some serious talking to do with my sister.

She dropped her stance and placed her knife back into its sheath that lay on her bicep.

"What do you want, sister. Shouldn't you be back home?" Seze asked quietly, turning back towards iggy, feeding him some food.

"No." I sighed, sitting on the ground against a log. My ikran waddled over asking for pats. I obliged. "we are all out searching for you...mother and father seem angry."

I looked from my Ikran to my sister. Her head was bowed. "what did you do?" I asked in a worried tone, trying to communicate just how much I was worried for my twin.

She looked back to iggy then back to me with a cringed face similar to our fathers face when he was embarrassed.

"tell me, Seze." I whispered as though others were listening in. "please" the girls let out a sigh which slowly turned into a groan. She turned to me and let out a hiss. Not directed at me but herself. Her face was painted with worry.

"I told Ao'nung." she said quietly, turning back to iggy and giving him some pats. I felt my forehead crease at my confusion.

"told him what?"

The girl stopped giving iggy pats, the Ikran looking at her confused as to why she wasn't giving him any love.

The girl turned and looked to me with teary eyes.

It almost made me jump up and run to the girl, pulling her into a hug. But she stepped over to me, falling to the ground next to me, leaning her head against the log.