Chapter 19 - Ao'nung

When I had first seen Seze, my mind was blown.

The forest people looked funny. They were weird and different.

But Eywa she was beautiful.

I looked over her body and saw she was riddled with cuts and bruises. She was barely able to stand without help.

I liked her. Her quite nature. The fire in her eyes. The fact she was not intimidated by the power I held.

But there was something wrong. She seemed to distance herself from everyone. Her family particularly.

She would spend mornings and nights alone in the beach or watching over the ikran.

I made a mental note every time I saw her, making sure to see how her injuries were healing.

It wasn't long till Rotxo found about my care for the girl.

We sat alone after breakfast, watching over the clan.

Rotxo was speaking to me about who knows what. I was too busy watching the messy haired girl to realise he had asked me a question.

It wasn't till his elbow was dug deep in my ribs that I realised he was speaking to me.

When I turned to him in pain and yelped out, he just gave me a confused and slightly annoyed look. He hesitantly looked to where my eyes were just moments ago.

There he saw her. Seze. She sat alone on the beach while her siblings play in the water. She looked calm.

"Eywa" Rotxo mumbled, palming his forehead. "Bro"

"Don't judge me. Just because she is a freak doesn't mean I cant find her attractive" I snapped back, taking his judgmental response the wrong way.

"I'm not your other friend's nung. I don't think they are freaks and I know you don't either" he said back with a chuckle in his voice.

It was silent for a few seconds while the boy I considered my brother watched over me. Reading me like a children's book.

He could see how much I liked her.

"Shut up" I mumbled.

Since then I had told Rotxo every feeling I felt towards her without meaning to. It all just slipped out without any warning.

But of course the one person I cared for had to run away.

I didn't know what had happened but I knew it was bad. I mean she always distanced herself from her family and got into arguments and fights. But not like this.

And when Kiri turned to me, tears in her eyes and the carefully crafted arrow in her hands, I knew it had to do with her.

Kiri ran to her family faster than I had ever seen anyone run. Crying and screaming at them. Telling them her twin was gone.

Jake and Neytiri left right away, flying in the direction someone from the clan had said they had seen her fly.

I stayed put. I sat in the Marui with Tsireya who seemed to be freaking out about the whole situation.

Little did she know that she would continue to freak out for longer than she hoped.

Jake and Neytiri returned the next day with nothing but hopelessness. My parents had sent a few patrols around the area incase she was on a nearby island.

But nothing came back.

I knew she didn't want to be found.

And she wasn't going to return any time soon.