Chapter 7 Are you thinking what I'm thinking? (Strings POV)

Start from the beginning

‘Uh… That I… want to introduce you all to my… girlfriend?’ That a girl! Or, uh, boy.

‘I look forward to meeting her.’ Which I really was, girl on girl action? Bring it on! But I knew she would try and tell us again, some point in the future, the neurotic guilt-case she is. I had to milk it… but how? ‘I’ve been thinking Chris… and I mean- we’ve got two rooms spare. It’s time you moved in with us.’

‘What?’ Snap, went my mental camera. Another priceless picture to add to the collection.

‘I won’t take no for an answer- it’d be great, you could be one of the guys! Late night jammings, early morning song writings- you can cook our breakfast, clean the house, do something with the garden?’

‘Be your servant, basically?’

‘I was thinking more along the lines of minion.’ I leaned forward and put on my best puppy dog eyes, ‘But seriously… It’d be really great…’

Without really thinking it through she said, ‘Yes.’ And smiled- just like I knew she would! Oh this was gonna be so much fun.

‘Amazing! You don’t have to move in right away, don’t worry. Whenever you’re ready.’ And I’ll have my evil plans waiting.

A couple of minutes later, blondie and the boy scout appeared. ‘Guess what!’ I said enthusiastically seeing Red look slightly confused and couldn’t tell what the hell Drummer was thinking behind that darned fringe. ‘He’s moving in!’

‘Really!’ Red beamed happily down at her, rushing towards her and hugging her tightly… To be honest, I’ve been a little worried about Red lately… Or maybe he knows she’s a girl too? ‘It’d be great to have you here!’

‘Yeah, cause you’d be off housewife duty.’ Laughed Drummer. Our rule was always the last to move in is the one weighed down with all the chores. Ray did all the washing up and cooking when it was just the two of us. We gave that job to Sailor when he joined, and the place was spotless. Drummer cooked a delicious Mexican beef chilli and for the last four years, Red has been the housewife, which is why the place is a tip, all our food is always burnt and the garden resembles a South American jungle. It’d be nice to have a real girl do everything for a change. I bet she can cook brownies- I love brownies.

‘And guess what else!’ I smiled wickedly, grabbing the attention of Red, Drummer and Chris. ‘He’s gonna introduce us to his girlfriend!’

They all froze. Probably Chris was thinking, "what the hell did I just get myself into?"

I would guess for Drummer, but honestly I give up on trying to figure out his reactions. Red, on the other hand, may as well have been sucking lemons for the look that was on his face.

‘Y-you didn’t say you had a girlfriend.’

‘Uh- well, uh, we just started going out recently…’

‘And you’re already introducing her to your band mates?’ I said, watching Red’s reaction carefully. He couldn’t be jealous could he? If he really knew she was a girl then he’d be just as excited as I am to see some lesbian action. ‘You must be really serious about her.’ I smiled and gave her a brotherly punch in the arm. Red’s face was becoming more sour with every word I said, ‘Are you in love with this chick or somin’?’

Before even letting her give what, I can probably say, would have been an interesting answer, he snapped, ‘What’s her name?’

‘Uh…’ I was interested in hearing this too, ‘Michelle…’

‘What a lovely name.’ I smiled.

‘I think it’s overused.’ Said Red, ‘Way to common.’ Way to be mean, Red.