Chapter 9 Star Struck (Crystal POV)

Chapter 9

Star Struck

~Crystal

Michelle took my hand and gently moved her fingertips across my palm. I never really believed in the whole palm-reading thing but the way Michelle did it was different… and she was always surprisingly accurate.

‘Your health is good…’ She said, her eyes sealed shut as she concentrated. Thoughts twitched across her face before they were spoken, ‘Career… Interesting…’

‘Are we gonna win?’ I asked hopefully.

‘I really couldn’t say. Either way, you’re gonna do well for yourself, Chrissie.’

‘What else?’

‘Well…’ She stopped her fingertips in the middle of my palm and pressed down softly, ‘Love wise…’ I gazed up at her, ‘Interesting…’

I laughed, ‘I don’t see how not loving anybody is interesting.’

‘Liar… You heart definitely belongs to someone, whether you’ve given it to them or not…’

I winced, ‘Who?’

‘I don’t know…’ She sighed and opened her eyes, ‘It’s not like I see anything, I just feel things. Besides, this could be a load of bullshit for all I know.’

‘But Michelle, you’re always right.’

‘That I am. Stay away from Jack.’

I rolled my eyes and laughed, ‘Are you ever gonna let it go?’

‘No. In fact, stay away from all of them! Part from that Drummer, he won’t try and get into your panties.’

‘Why’s that?’

‘My gaydar goes crazy around that guy.’

I raised an eyebrow, ‘Okay, so you’re not always right.’

‘Well, I’m just saying.’

‘Well what you’re saying is wrong.’ I said mockingly with my hands on my hips, ‘Drummer isn’t gay and I have no feelings for anybody at the moment besides Dave Grohl.’

‘Why Dave Grohl?’ She narrowed her eyes, ‘He looks like friggin Jesus. I prefer Cobain.’

‘Necrophiliac.’ I laughed diving into my sleeping bag.

‘I wouldn’t do him now. I’d get a time machine.’ She slipped under her duvet, ‘Besides. You’ll see.’

<><><><><>

I stood at the fence of the wheat field. It looked like a sea of gold, each brief wind creating soft waves from one side to the other. Memories of my childhood clung to the wood and replayed in my head as I rested my crossed arms on the top plank. I guess it was my chance encounter with Jake that led me there. He used to bully me constantly when we were kids but Ray would always save me from his harsh teasing. He sure had changed though… He seemed nicer and his harsh stare managed to do him justice as a tall broad shoulder man but with a look like that on a small boy, he looked really evil.

‘What are ye daeing here?’ I spun around on one heel to face the voice that had just interrupted my thoughts. Speak of the devil.

I shrugged, ‘Taking it easy?’ He began to approach me and I shrunk back out of habit, ‘Why are you here? I thought you lived in Glasgow now.’

‘I dae.’ He leaned on the fence beside me, ‘Dinnae mean I canny visit though, does it?’

‘No.’ I admitted, ‘But who’s to visit?’