The first thing Meerab did with click the door shut, locking her into seclusion, and a long exhale left her as she flung herself on the bed. Face down, nuzzling into the cluffy comforter in a star formation. As she let go of herself, sinking, her muscles to unwiund and the sleepiness oozed off her, seeping into the bed as a slumber over took her and no doubt, anyone listening in from the corridor would hear long, deep snores rattling from her throat.

The daawat continued without her presence, and the entire night night proceeded whilst she remained safe and sound. Murtasim ordered for no one to disturb her, only that a trolley should be left outside her room, with a jug of water and a glass.

But Meerab was in a different realm, her mind steadied in illusions of bliss, soothed and calmed from the worries of the day. Only disturbed when her eyes snapped open at the first indication of dawn, a switch flickering in the mind that forced her to replay the preceding events like a film on rewind. Perhaps if she only shut the curtain before diving in, she may have been able to relish the first night in his home, for longer.

Whilst showering, all that she could imagine was at the lies he had woven in-front of him family amidst the daawat, fathoming how she would play along if she didn't know the tale at hand. Piecing together the fragments, imagining that they would think of her as a leech, overly clingy, or a fibber. Possibility even uncover the truth - a run away bride. She gulped, pushing the hair out of the stream water on her face, washing the doubt away.

After she dressed, she double tied her bag and stashed it the bathroom's cabinet- where no one would look. Peaking out into the corridor- she found it be be still, as though the world continued to sleep and a whisper from the frightened corner of her mind told her to run, escape their soon-to-be investigating eyes and flee, but reality dawned that they seemed hospitable, free of danger and bountiful. With Murtasim as her host, perhaps even pleasant.

As she she tred out, she was greeting by the trolley, and she gulped the water down, refreshing her mind and providing clarity. Turns out that the Khan household were early risers, and she heard the chatter from the top of the stairs- indistinguishable mumbling.

Then waitied a second, evening her breathing and formulating an introducrion for herself. Whilst in this though, she heard the patter of footsteps behind her, and she jumped, startled, twisting to see Murtasim.

'Aisay billi kay tarah kya jaank rahee hou?' He teased, a jolly smile pulled across his face at her sneakiness, veiling her anxiety. (Why are you peerind down like a cat?)

She exhaled. 'Soch rahee thee kay saamna kaisay karoungey,' she replied, a glint of coyness in her eyes. (I'm trying to figure out how i'll face them.)

Murtasim found her fresh faced, natural curls air-drying in her hai. The pastel pink of her frock only accentuated her innocent aura. 'Neend kaisay aaye the?' He asked, taking another step closer. (How was your sleep?)

'Achi the,' she answered with a tight lipped smile. Then adding, 'Thank you.' (Good.)

Murtasim only clicked his tounge. 'Aap humaray mehmaano ho. Thank you ke zaroorat nahi hai.' (You're our guest. There's no need for thankyous.)

'Tumnay tou Noori ko kaha tha kay hum dono dost hai,' she retorted, trying to find an adequate label. (But you said to Noori that we're friends.)

He smirked in response, and confirmed. 'hum hai. Dono dono.' (We are. Both.)

The hum ringing in her ears, her heart tugging towards him.

'Nashtay kay liye challey?,' he suggested, walking a couple more paces. He had changed into ordinary crisp shalwar kameez now, his buisness attire long gone. Perhaps suave would have been an apt description as his hair had been jelled back, and the corners of his moustache were perfectly curled- he fit right into the man she had unveiled- a feudal lord that was willing to lay down all his resources for her freedom. (Shall we go for breakfast?)