Chapter 97 - Problems

Start from the beginning

Also, I was kinda hoping Petra would feel a little tired so we could sleep together as humans again, don't really do that while travelling since constant form changes can be annoying and feathered form is warmer at night without a bed after all. Even though I say that, I did manage to convince her to have slight nap up against my feathers one back at my parents cave but Petra's really not the type of person to enjoy being smothered all nice and cosy like that. Even though she said it was nice, my lie detector ability kinda said otherwise so I won't force that on her. I bet I'd like it being the other way around but that's only a thought for when she's no longer in pain and doesn't have to switch form... maybe I'm reading into it a little much but I'm guessing she'd rather not be spooned as well then.

Conveniently enough, thinking about Petra has led to her coming up with a solution for our problems though.

"Ikarus, you handle the pirate situation while I go deal with the mundane stuff. Whoever this Lord is, he isn't going demand anything from us and doing it this way means we can relax quicker... just be safe and not reckless about it, okay?"

"Hey, I'm careful, you know? I mean, it's not exactly like I can afford to be reckless now... even if there isn't any particular reason for it"

"Heh, love you too, my adorable tsundere lovebird"

Even she's starting to call me a tsundere and she's even used that lovebird thing I like; I'd pout about her for understanding what I was getting at but there's people to be killed right now and it's not exactly like we're in a private place. The workers do know there's something between us and some are extremely supporting about it, it almost seems a little suspicious but not the time for pointless thoughts.

"Urgh, see you then Petra... l-l-love you too"

Before we split, need a quick kiss, really don't care that much about privacy now, despite me literally just thinking otherwise...

__________

'The targets are in sight... that's a pretty big fleet though'

Up in the skies of the northern shore of the mining island, I can see what basically might as well be an armada of pirate ships. Seriously though, I'm obviously exaggerating but there are at least two dozen ships all flying the black flag with the skull and crossbones on them. I may be quite high up but one of them I'm sure has a pile of our gold ore sitting on the deck, it's time for a little payback. You take my gold and injure my workers; I take every single one of your lives...

'I'm seriously going to fuck all these up now'

Before I even have the chance to think in depth on how I'm going to go about this, Aesa can't help but warn me.

[<Aesa recommends -user- not go too mad and decide to use something that could have devastating consequences on the world>]

'This a perfect opportunity though...'

I'm past caring about the EXP nor any lost gold, most was already transported to the blacksmith according to Jaxon but we still would've lost a bit. I wouldn't even say I'm angry, this is just a stubbornness thing about people getting hurt trying to protect our product and being stolen from. I'm pretty calm about this which surprises me a lot.

'... Can I at least use atomic hellfire? It holds a lot less power and still should get the job done'

I think the concern might be causing a tsunami than anything else, even though there are like zero settlements in this part of the region that would actually get affected by a huge wave. Seriously though, look at a map, there's no way a tsunami would get any known settlement because of either cliffs, other islands being in the way or just that they would be too far away to be effective. Still though, using supernova might be a little overkill, that needs to be reserved for when there's bigger fish to fry, a small nuke should get the job.