"uh," i look at the road before looking back at him, "i don't know what to say. thank you?" he stares at me, i don't think he got the response that he wanted.

"moonie," he starts, "i know i can never truly apologize for that night." how did he know that's what i was thinking of?

does he have mind reading powers?

i should stop thinking when i'm around him.

"how did you?" i furrow my eyebrows as i look at him. "your eyes glazed over, the corners of your mouth turned downwards and you looked at me like you wanted to burst into tears" he says.

"i know i can never apologize for what i said that night. i was so beyond evil to you. i regret everything a million times over. i relive that night every single day and i wish i could go back and beat myself to a bloody pulp for saying the words i said" hyunjin says, placing his hands on both of my arms.

"you don't cry and you don't complain, ever. the boys at the school were stupid to not have fallen for you. i was stupid to not realize my feelings. i was stupid for letting ara gwan work her spell on me" the grip on my arms get tighter. it doesn't hurt, it almost feels comforting.

"you're not mean. i should've realized how i felt about you sooner" he says and i'm dumbfounded.

"you're beautiful, and you're kind and you're smart and i love everything about you. i was stupid, i am stupid, i will forever be stupid" he whispers the last few words as his hands drop down to his sides.

i have no words.

not a single one.

if i was moonie from 2 years ago, i would've kissed him. i'm not moonie from 2 years ago though.

i'm moonie from right now.

"i think you've had a long night, hyunjin" i say and he nods, "you performed a lot and under a lot of stress, i think you need to sleep."

i'm the one that needs sleep.

"yeah" he nods in agreement.

"i'll see you at jeongin's graduation" i say, just above a whisper as i turn towards the door. i don't look back, i just walk in and shut it behind me.

i hear him say something on the other side before his footsteps retreat down the pathway.

the next thing in my face is yeonjun. "are you okay?" he asks, popping out from the kitchen.

"i tried to get him back to the living room, but this is as far as he would go. we just wrestled for like 10 minutes" penny says from behind him, completely out of breath.

she's bent over as she tries to fill her lungs up with air. "he's strong" she continues to huff and puff.

"yeah, i'm okay" i say to him. "did he hurt you? physically? emotionally? do i need to go after him" yeonjun takes my face in his hands as he scans it. he goes to walk towards the door but i stop him.

"i'm okay" my hands grab onto his and i bring them down between us.

"are you sure?" he asks me and i nod. "yeah, positive."