EIGHTEEN, the promise

#% ILLIAD MOON <3 !!!

when hyunjin and i were fourteen years old, we made the promise that no matter what happened between the two of  us, we would always have each others back.  whether that meant standing up for the other, fighting back for the other or overall just being there for each other.

no matter the circumstances, we would always do this for the other.

i watch, as though this promise was made years ago and before so much changed between us, he remembers it on live television.

penny, yeonjun and i sit on the couch. harley is on the floor playing with his toys as we watch an award ceremony on the television. i don't know exactly which one but penny tells me it's one of the biggest ones in all of  korean entertainment.

hyunjin performed at the very beginning along with jaemin's group and a ton of other groups that i don't exactly know the name of.

in between the many performances there's an abundance of different awards being announced. including best producer of the season, chan was nominated for that one.

i watched as his name flashed across the screen. in the end he didn't win, which apparently caused massive disappointment as fans in the audience booed when the other producer walked to the stage.

many of the idols didn't seem impressed either, one even rolling his eyes as the man was shown on the screen.

chan really had made it big like hyunjin and it was so cool to see him up doing the things he wanted to do for so many years.

he always told me his dream was producing for large companies. when we would have our sibling talks and talk about our dream lives, mine was always in a big city, writing or painting and his was producing music.

he made it. he really did.

as much as i miss him and want to see him, seeing his new life and how great it is for him. i can't be upset that he hasn't come to see me.

i wouldn't, especially not with the hatred the country has for me at the moment.

while it has dwindled down, the hateful messages and death threats have never stopped. i quit checking my social media after a while. all of it was too overwhelming.

penny and i throw pieces of popcorn into our mouths as they say that they're going to announce the winner for "best new group" next.

penny looks at me. she knows that jaemin's group is one of the top contenders for this award. she told me this morning when we sat down for breakfast.