TWENTY, memories

Mulai dari awal

"oh, uh, just visiting" i shrug and he raises an eyebrow. "he just saw you" hyunjin says, looking at the closed door to the side of us.

"well yeah, but, i don't know, they wanted to come! they surprised me" i say, a smile falling onto my face. "oh, hmm" he says looking at the door again before bringing his attention back onto me.

"i like your hair like this" he says, reaching forward and touching one of my braids. my hair is parted down the middle and braided into two separate french braids thanks to penny. she did it while we talked at breakfast in the morning.

"thank you" i smile, fiddling with the ends of the braids in my two hands.

"you do kind of look like a five year old though" hyunjin puckers his lips at the end of his statement.

my mouth falls open. "rude!"

he chuckles before his face falls serious. i wonder what he has to say to me. his sudden change in mannerisms scares me. i don't know what he's going to say.

"so, uh, i have a question" he says and my eyebrows raise. oh god. what is he going to ask me.

"yeah?" i lean forward slightly, hoping he'll ask me right now.

"did you happen to watch the awards that were on tonight?" hyunjin asks and i feel a part of my body go stiff. i knew he was here for that. i should've pretended i wasn't here. i shouldn't have came to the door.

it's not like what he did was a bad nor a good thing. i just don't know what to say.

do i say thank you?

do i yell at him for possibly ruining his career?

"um," i blink at him before continuing my response, "do you want the truth?"

his head moves up and down in response to my question. i breathe out and nod my head.

he mumbles something and turns around to look at the road for a second before turning back to me.

"i'm sorry" are the next words out of his mouth. "really, i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to say anything. it just-" he takes a deep breath and sighs, "it upset me that he's getting away with all of this shit. he ruined your life, especially in the eyes of the media. it's not fair that he gets to go and debut and perform at these award shows and win prestigious awards."

hyunjin sighs and shakes his head. "i'm just really sorry and i didn't know what i was doing. the words were just flowing out of my mouth," he stops for a second before continuing, "i need to learn to control it, it never ends up well."

i think he refers to the night at prom or at least that's what i think of as soon as he stops talking.

"a relationship! with me? me and you?! are you serious" his voice is loud, he's yelling. "i would never be with you moonie! are you joking?!" he scoffs as a tear rolls down my face.

"you always cried and complained and you wonder. you wonder why none of the boys in this school like you or have every wanted to get with you, it's because you're mean and you set people up. just wait till jaemin sees you and what you do."

i continue to sob as the boy spews harsh words.
"we were friends moonie, that's all we ever were."

i stare at him, blinking so tears don't start to take place within my eyes.