49

"I promise." Those were the words you let out. You couldn't figure out why exactly, was it really your decision or was it just in the moment of pressure. Perhaps you were too scared to see her cry and be so upset. She was on the verge of crying after being let down again. Christina is your friend and you don't want to see her sad especially when the one causing it was you.

It's a clear contradiction when you said that, considering the fact that you pretty much made her upset with your cruel shenanigans of avoiding her and everyone else. (Impulsively as you weren't thinking right that much before)

But, somehow somewhere you felt that something wasn't right. Perhaps it's just you and your wrong gut feeling. You weren't really the one to decide so easily and had to be pushed by many factors before doing so. At some point, it has to be others advising you to do some actions. Main prime example was your mother and her gentle coaxing.

But supposedly none of that matters anymore when Christina came and went to use your promise that you made a day ago. She came bounding by your house so early in the morning and knocked, even coming so far to be the one to excuse you to your parents. Not that they mind because this is something that is recently becoming a current occurrence. Perhaps that's a habit she picked up after you went and ran away from her even if you're trapped in your home. Maybe that turned you into a husky, an escape artist.

So you really didn't have much choice. She was already there, had your parent's permission and now had her hands wrapped around your arm as you walk side by side at the mall. You're already there you see and you can't afford to break your promise.

Surprisingly Theo wasn't there with her as usual but when you asked her about it, she gave you her puppy dog eyes and coaxed you to just enjoy the day with her, guess even Christina turned into a husky to escape Theo. Which is a feat I tell you.

Not that you mind, you wanted to spend some time with her and walk around somewhere to unwind with your uneased feeling about the recent death of the nurse. It just doesn't settle right with you but with the clase closed, you suppose you can't do anything with it.

Right, relax and enjoy.

Though you doubt you can.

There's too many people staring at you two, or more likely Christina and her overflowing beauty. Every movement she does is just so eye catching even if it's just her walking. Ah, it's tiring to have a friend so pretty but at the same time you can flex all the time. You suppose it's half-half.

"Let's go there N/n! We can choose some clothes for you. I'll make you prettier than before!" Christina was rambling but you can't say no, just letting yourself get dragged wherever she wants to go. Not that you mind of course. That was then a familiar blob of Blond hair caught your eyes.

"Alex?" You said with a tone so unsure, because Alex isn't the only person with Blond hair in this world. It could've been Ian, Henry or even one of your classmates. Heck, maybe a random citizen. But still, it's hard to miss him with the way people stared at him too. That's enough to know that a person is one of the important ones in this novel world.

It didn't help when you saw his poor cousin beside him, obviously dragged along with him. Poor Henry.

"Huh? Where?" Christina was too fast. She almost whiplash'ed. You don't know if she's just excited to see him or just another whole reason. You hope it's the latter. You don't want Christina ending up with him if ever. You just don't.

"Over the-" Before you could even point to where the Blond haired man is, Christina dragged you off with her steps starting to speed up. You didn't even try to question her, already knowing what she's up to. Perhaps she didn't like him either to a certain point.

"Let's go, don't mind him. It's supposed to be just us two right?" Christina uttered urgently, still having her hands wrapped around you almost protectively. Her words weren't questioning but rather as if persuading instead. But she really didn't have to, you had the same idea as her.

"Of course." You said, causing Christina to smile lovingly and even slow down a little when she tried to pull you closer to her. Of course that didn't help when the man you've been trying to avoid just had to turn around and see the two of you trying to turn right to avoid him.

"Oh! Y/n!" His loud voice reverberated and you thought that you heard Christina curse.

Oh right, that's because she did in fact curse. As said before it's supposed to be only the two of you, she's already planned it. She escaped her older brother so he wouldn't be the third wheel but then someone just had to come and interrupt your date. Christina was at loss, at the verge of crying because why is it that there is always someone trying to edge themselves between you and her? Yeah, there's no way she's going to let this opportunity go. She'd rather kill than let this date go at waste.

So she did what she could do and took off running while holding on to you. The first store that she came to see, she went in and stuffed you and her inside one of the stalls. She didn't go despite one of the clerks knocking at the door. She could handle the consequences later.

Alex, who just saw the entire spectacle was about to chase after when his cousin went on to drag him towards the different direction.

"Come on, I just saw Y/n. I want to hang out with her!" Alex tried to struggle but his cousin just glared at him and hauled him further away.

"Can't you see that she doesn't want to?"

"But the Alderich girl was the one to drag her off."

"Yeah because they don't want you interrupting. Give it up." The two squabbled until Henry successfully removed him from the mall with the two women who were still left inside the fitting stall.

Christina was quite literally pressed against you within the small space. She had her arms wrapped you and her face resting on the crook of your neck. She didn't pay no mind for the staff as she took her time to relish the close contact between the two of you. Well she supposed that Alex coming in to ruin the day wasn't bad after all because she can embrace you like this.

"Uhm Christina, I don't think Alex is coming to chase us all the way here." You said nervously, your hands not knowing where to settle as your back was against the wall. You can't escape with Christina clinging at you like a literal tarsier. Though you find it weird that she was this close to you. Hugs are fine but this is just..y'know.

"Just a bit longer, my legs are tired. Let me rest a bit N/n." Christina's alibi went, not even bothering to conduct a proper excuse that you would believe, not when she's literally melting when you wrapped one of your arms around her to tap her back and tell her to let go.

"Ma'am, please only one person at a time." You heard the staff say, knocking but Christy didn't do anything to move even if you told her to do so. You're nervous you'd get in trouble if you stayed any longer inside. What if the people get the wrong idea?!

But to Christina, who didn't care of what people will think about the nature of your relationship, had the urge to stomp her feet in anger, anything just to stop the staff but you were there so she can't.

So she chose to ignore it once again and even tightening her hold against you. Plus, she's not planning on letting you go anytime soon. Everyone can get fucked as long as she's embracing you.