With Giveon playing in his headphones, he seems to be calming down. Not worried about his surroundings and resting for the next 5 minutes until this class starts.

To his surprise, Maddie sits next to him, tapping his arm.

He looks up, then puts his head back down. He can think of 100 things he'd rather do than talk to her right now.

He thought a lot yesterday and if she wants to be with Jordan, he should go ahead and let her.  Her mind is obviously made up and he's no longer interfering with it.

"Taehyung?" she says quietly, tapping him once again. "Did you not get any sleep last night?"

"What do you think?" he replies muffled, his head still resting on the table.

"Well, what's going on? I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever."

"You told me not to talk to you. You were too busy spending time up Jordan's ass to remember that." he says sitting his head up and finally looking at her.

Not only is he tired, but he's also upset, specifically angry. Taehyung rarely gets angry, especially for a long amount of time, but after yesterday, he seems to have a permanent scowl on his face.

Maddie furrows her eyebrows and her lips part as if she is going to say something, but she's honestly confused.

She took care of him while he was drunk and he hasn't texted her nor spoken to her, so what could his deal possibly be?

Taehyung looks at her, widening his eyes and lifting his eyebrows, as if he's waiting for a response.

"Thought so." he scoffs.

Maddie looks at him, confused and hurt by his words. She grabs her backpack and moves to another desk, not wanting to sit by him.

Taehyung pulls out his notebook and pen, realizing: Jordan probably had her fucking phone.

Internally cursing at himself, he takes one side of his headphone off his ear, seeing the professor walk to the front of the classroom.

"Okay class, time to begin." Professor Morgan says.

He turns to look at Maddie, her eyes meeting his and looking slightly watery. She turns away, putting her face on her palm and looking forward. He chews his bottom lip as he turns back around, almost regretting what he said.

༉‧₊˚.———༉‧₊˚.

After Taehyung very dramatically took another route to his suite, Maddie goes to her own and calls her cousin Ziora, wanting to distract herself.

"How's Khalid?" Maddie asks her cousin as she does homework.

"He's great. I've been spending so much time with him and I've honestly never felt happier." Ziora replies, smiling through the whole sentence.

She smiles at the phone listening to her cousin speak about her boyfriend. It's nice listening to her talk about someone positively and treating her right. She can tell by the way Ziora smiles when she says his name that she's falling hard.

"I'm honestly happy for you Zi. You guys seem cute and I can't wait to get to know him more on Thanksgiving."

"I could say the same about you, got niggas driving to a different state to see you and shit."

Ziora doesn't want to say too much. Truthfully she still doesn't like Jordan and if Maddie genuinely asks her, she's not going to hold back. However he does make her cousin happy, and that's enough for her to at least try and engage in her cousin's love life.

"I know. But honestly, something else is bugging me." Maddie admits, looking away from her homework.

"What is it?"

"Taehyung."

Ziora closes her eyes and presses her lips together as she hears what her cousin says.

"He's been acting mad weird and I honestly don't know what his problem is. We almost kissed in the summer and we never addressed it again, ever since then I swear he's been acting like he's jealous or something, and I—"

"Girl he likes you." Ziora cuts her off.

And does it feel good to finally say it. Everyone around them has seemingly known for years except her and now finding out that they nearly kissed. Ziora could do a backflip.

Meanwhile, Maddie starts rethinking every aspect of their friendship. Sure she thought Taehyung was attractive and knew he found her cute, but she never thought it was anything more than that until the day she washed his car. But after they didn't talk about it ever again, she assumed it was a spur-of-the-moment thing.

"That explains so much."

"You are the most oblivious person I know. He literally tried kissing you and you decided to not only not tell me your bestest cousin, but also think that it means nothing."

Maddie looks at the phone and stares at her cousin.

"Well, you knew and didn't tell me about it."

"Hey, I assumed for years but it got confirmed when I asked him during the summer." Ziora admits.

"You asked him and you didn't tell me?"

"You had been talking to Jordan by then, besides he didn't wanna act on it to make you happy. But if I'm being honest I thought you liked him too. You guys look like you enjoy each other's company."

Maddie lingers on that last part. Did she like Taehyung?

No, she didn't have a crush on him. She did enjoy his company. She just thought he was really funny and he was the only person to make her cry laughing, twice.

She didn't like him but she always thought he was extremely attractive, physically and emotionally.

His deep voice that she got to hear when they were alone, the boxy smile he had whenever they did ridiculously stupid things, and the way his dark brown hair complimented him so well and he could dress, never looking bad in an outfit.

The way he was smart and if he didn't understand something, he wouldn't shy away from help. The way he was extremely comforting toward her. The way he rubs her hand with his thumb whenever she needs reassurance.

How he cares so much about photography and could ramble on about it forever until he thought he was talking too much. She never thought he was. She always listened and enjoyed listening to him explain that a camera lens can change so much.

Taehyung was always looking out and being there for her. He's a caring and loving person who'd give up a lot for the people he loves. That's what she admires the most about him.

Maddie had a crush on Taehyung Kim.

"Maddie?" Ziora chimes in, looking at her confused cousin.

"I feel like I need to think."  Maddie says quietly. "I love you Zi."

"I love you too Maddie, bye."

The call ends and Maddie can feel her eyes water again. Her best friend was now clearly upset with her, and now she doesn't know what to think.

More than ever she just wants to talk.

a/n
i love ziora sm