lavender haze

- felix -

"we've arrived," the kakao t driver informs us as he pulls up to the jyp company building. hyunjin goes to open the car door but i place my hand on his leg to stop him.

"we should check if there is anyone around first," i whisper. hyunjin nods at me before peering through his window. i do the same on my side until the driver clears his throat.

"are you planning on getting out?" he asks us impatiently.

"yes, sorry sir," hyunjin responds as we both quickly open our doors. i scramble out and pull my hood up over my head to try and hide my profile. there are lots of pedestrians here today and i can't help but glance around to see if anyone is looking at us. when i do, i catch someone holding up their phone in our direction. my instincts tell me to hide but the logical part of my brain reminds me that the best thing to do is to act natural.

i hold my breath until we are safely inside the doors of the company building. the lady at the front desk recognizes hyunjin and opens the security gate so we can pass through. i follow quickly behind him, trying my best to act like i belong here.

after successfully making it through the gate, i feel a strong urge to look over my shoulder and check if the lady at the front desk noticed anything suspicious. i force myself to push it down and keep my eyes facing forward.

     at the end of the hallway, hyunjin scans his fingerprint to unlock a door. he holds it open for me and when i walk through, i find myself at the top of a staircase.

     "these lead to the practice rooms," he explains softly as we begin our descent. my fear starts to melt away, quickly being replaced by excitement. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ABOUT TO SEE THE JYP TRAINING ROOMS IN PERSON.

reaching the bottom of the stairs, i step onto the ocean-blue coloured floor for the first time. hyunjin's eyes are on me as i take in my new surroundings. the walls of the hallway are plain white on one side but covered in floor-to-ceiling photographs of michael jackson, bobby brown, and madonna on the other. i knew jyp admired western artists but i didn't realize it was to this extent. i gaze at the portraits before glancing up to see illuminated white letters that spell out "JYP NATION" splayed across the ceiling. walking down the hallway, i feel as though i've been transported into a parallel universe.

     at the michael jackson room, hyunjin stops and pushes open the door. my eyes widen as i take in the familiar red walls i've seen a hundred times through my screen. to hyunjin this room might feel monotonous, but to my fresh eyes it's as if i've been transported into my favorite movie. numerous livestreams, dance practice videos, variety shows, and behind-the-scenes clips were filmed within these walls and i can't help but turn slowly in a circle as i take it all in.

i mentally thank hyunjin for making sure we are the first ones here as i run to his arms and squeeze him tightly in a hug.

"this is so cool," i breathe into his chest, not knowing how to put into words the awestruck emotion i'm feeling right now. hyunjin's body shakes slightly as he laughs.

"this is just the dance studio. i'm in here all the time," he teases me, amused by my big reaction. "i don't remember you being this excited when you first saw ME!"

"oh, i definitely was," i respond avidly, my cheek brushing against his shirt as i nod, still hugging him. "you didn't see my face when you first came on stage that day."

"oh, yeah? you were more excited than this?" he asks, and i can hear his grin through the sound of his voice.

"definitely."

after a content moment, hyunjin pulls out of the hug and checks his phone.

"we still have eight minutes before the others arrive. quick, follow me," he says, hurrying out of the room and towards the elevator.

once we've reached the top floor, hyunjin takes me through a door to... a garden? on the rooftop?? i'm about to start exploring when hyunjin's arm blocks my path.

     "hello," he loudly but politely calls out. i look at him in confusion and he holds his pointer finger to his lips, gesturing for me to keep quiet. he waits for a moment, looking around the area. then he looks back at me and smiles.

     "the coast is clear! alright, so this is our rooftop garden. sometimes staff members, trainees, and idols will come up here to get some fresh air and a change in atmosphere." as he explains, he takes my hand in his and leads me down a little stone path through the trees and other plants.

     my jaw hangs open as i admire this magical hideaway. for a moment, i almost forget that i'm on top of the jyp building; the many different types of trees blocking my view of the city below. then we reach the end of the main path and i gasp in awe at the incredible sight of seoul.

     i pass by a wooden table and chairs and head straight for the glass separating me from the city. hyunjin chuckles as he follows me, my hand still clasped in his.

     "it's beautiful, right?" he asks and i nod.

     "gorgeous," i confirm and hyunjin sighs.

     "i've tried painting this view three times now, but i haven't been able to get it right. maybe someday i'll be able to capture its beauty."

     "you come up here to paint?"

     "yeah, quite a bit. i would paint in the park if i could, but i often get distracted by people down there. this garden is really nice though, so i don't mind too much," he explains.

     "mhm," i hum, understanding. then i nudge his arm playfully. "do you also come up here to secretly kiss your boyfriend?"

     "you know what? i think i do," he responds with a grin, turning to me. he gently cups my face in his hands and i smile up at him before leaning in to brush my lips against his. he returns the kiss and the sensation fills my body with warmth.

     i melt into the kiss for a moment before pulling away as a thought crosses my mind.

     "hyunjin, what time is it right now?" i ask and he quickly checks his phone.

     "time for the 3racha meeting to start. we gotta go," he confirms and we dash together back down the path.

—————————
tap the star if you enjoyed! i hope you did. and please look forward to the next chapter!! 3racha breathing oo ahh 😮‍💨

also, thank you for 50k reads!! holy smokes, i did not expect this but i'm so honored and grateful! thank you sooo much!

— starlostlovers