On the contrary, everyone seemed somewhat shocked to hear someone address them as if they were five years old.

"I am very excited to get to know all of you, and I'm sure we will be good friends!"

Cassi and Draco glanced at each other upon hearing this, trying hard to hold back their laughter.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress should be disregarded. Let us preserve what should be preserved, perfect what should be perfected, and cut out practices that should be prohibited."

Only a few people applauded, and she didn't even bother acknowledging it.

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge, for your enlightening speech," Dumbledore said.

"Enlightening?" Draco asked mockingly.

"It was more like boring," Pansy commented.

"I almost fell asleep sitting there, what was that laughter all about?" Cassiopeia asked, amused, and the three of them chuckled quietly.

(...)

⁀➷,

In the Slytherin common room, everyone was discussing and talking about what they did with their families.

Cassi overheard some whispers about Voldemort.

"My mother is upset with you, you know," Draco commented as he sat down in an armchair.

Cassi raised an eyebrow. "Upset with me? Why?"

"You didn't come for tea with her," Draco laughed. "She complained about it all month."
Cassiopeia laughed at that.

"But I told her I would come for Christmas," Cassi chuckled.

"Even so, it's strange. She really likes you."Draco interrupted himself and sighed. "I don't know how things will be now."

Voldemort

Cassi sat down next to Draco and hugged him.

"I'll always be here for you," she whispered. "You're my best friend."

Draco smiled at her.

"Don't ever leave me, Cassie."

"Never."

(...)

⁀➷,

Cassiopeia had always been a dedicated student, and it was no different now, despite being on the verge of a psychotic break.

She felt confident; she had spent two years preparing for the O.W.L.s, but she decided to go further. She was taking all the subjects, including Ancient Languages, adding up to 14, and she hoped to achieve the highest grade in all of them, which wouldn't be possible without her Time-Turner.

Cassi had just used it at the "end" of History of Magic class before heading to Potions. Pansy always questioned her schedule, but she always changed the subject to avoid arguments.

"Silence," Snape said coldly, closing the door as he entered. There was no real need to give that order; as soon as the class heard the door close, silence fell and all the commotion ceased.

Snape's mere presence was usually enough to ensure silence in the classroom.

"Before we begin today's class," the professor said, walking imposingly to the desk and scanning the students with his eyes, "I think it's appropriate to remind you all that next June you will take an important exam, in which you will demonstrate how much you have learned about the composition and use of magical potions. As incapable as some students in this class may be, I expect at least an 'Acceptable' on your O.W.Ls; otherwise, you will face my... displeasure."