TWENTY

Katsuki sighed as he retracted his hand from the door, hearing quick footsteps from the inside of the apartment. He smiled, watching the door open with a familiar face appearing inside. 

"Ah, Katsuki! YOU'RE BACK!" The boy squealed, throwing himself at the blond. Bakugou chuckled, crouching down to the child's level to give him a hug. 

"I told you I'd be fine." He winked, pulling away. "Sorry I was gone for longer than expected." He scoffed, ruffling soft brown curls. 

"Did you find him?" Shimano asked, shaking from excitement. "How's Deku doing?" He continued, unable to stay calm. Bakugou smiled sadly, thinking back at how Izuku refused to come back to Korea with him, despite the blond's efforts to get him here. 

"I found him, yeah." He nodded. "He didn't want to come back, he said he didn't want to see everyone again." The blond sighed, closing his eyes with a cocky smile. He chuckled as he heard loud footsteps approaching from down the hall, followed by a familiar voice that led Katsuma's heart to skip a beat. 

"Will you stop telling everyone that crap? You're cruel, Katsuki Bakugou!" The greenette yelled, appearing at the end of the hallway. "You did this at every stop. You made everyone believe I didn't want to see them again! WHY? Locking me in the car and running inside - Downright evil!" The freckled man said, eyeing the crouched blond as he raised his hand. Shimano watched as the greenette gave a good slap on the back of the chuckling blond's head as tears welled in brown eyes. He stood quiet as Izuku turned, suddenly meeting his glare with a smile. Just as the greenette was about to speak, he was cut off by the child throwing himself in for a hug. 

"You came!" The ten-year-old whimpered, clutching on the older male's sweater. He glanced up, meeting happy green eyes. "Your hair is so long." He sniffled, bringing a hand up to point at Izuku's hairstyle. The greenette had decided to tie it up while he waited for his barber appointment to arrive. "It's cool." The kid smiled. He watched as Midoriya smiled wide as well, running his scarred hands through brown locks. 

"You've grown so much... Last time we saw each other, you were only waist-high for me. Now you're almost passed my shoulders." Izuku cackled, earning a wide smile from the child. "How old are you now, 6?" He giggled, earning a playful glare from the boy. 

"Ten." Shimano laughed, hugging his friend once more. "I missed you, Deku." He continued, his smile fading as his body began to shake. He clutched tightly around the freckled man's body, hugging him as tightly as possible as sobs began escaping his mouth. 

"I missed you too." The scarred man whispered, crouching down to hold him closer. He took a deep breath, feeling his throat threaten to close and tears stream down his freckled cheeks. "I missed you more than you could ever imagine. All of you. I'm sorry I didn't come along the first time. I just wasn't sure about so many things." He continued, his voice wobbly as he listened to the child cry in his arms. "I was scared." He finished, trying his best to regulate his breathing. 

He glanced up through the doorway, eyes widening in confusion as two women appeared inside the apartment, seemingly confused. 

"Hello, Katsuki." One of the two spoke, still eyeing the greenette and their son. Izuku cleared his throat, letting go of his hold on the child as he stood up straight again to face his friend's parents. "Who's this?" The woman asked, approaching her son with an unsure smile. Just as Midoriya was about to speak, Katsuki started doing so for him. 

"This is Izuku Midoriya, a friend of ours that stayed back in Japan for the past year, after we left. If it weren't for him, Katsuma and I would probably be dead." Bakugou explained. "The others too. It's all thanks to Deku's actions and the way he risked his life to protect all of us that we're here today." He continued, glancing over to a pink hue on freckled cheeks. 

"You must be Katsuma's mothers, it's nice to meet you two." The short man bowed, trying his best to be polite. He hadn't seen this much people in a while and wanted to make a good impression. He stood up straight, watching as one of the two women seemed to think for a moment. 

"Oh, Izuku... Yes, Katsuma's talked about you a lot. You must remember Buck, right?" She started, leaving into the apartment. Midoriya's eyes widened as he had accidentally forgotten about the pet. He listened closely as he heard the woman speak in the other room, suddenly hearing the dog's paws hit the wooden floors. He waited patiently, seeing the familiar pup appear inside the apartment and approach the door everybody was standing around. 

"Hi, Buck!" The greenette cooed, crouching to the dog's level. He watched as the pet stopped, eyeing the greenette - Seemingly unsure whether to growl at the stranger or approach him. "Don't you remember me? It's Deku! Izuku! Hiii, boy!" He spoke in a high-pitched voice, hoping the dog would recognize him. 

Everybody stood in silence as they stared at the Golden Retriever, watching his tail begin to twitch. Izuku cooed one more time, watching the dog's tail start wagging rapidly behind him as he quickly threw himself at the freckled man. Midoriya laughed, seeing how excited the pup was. He sat still as the pup excitedly made his way around the greenette, licking him all over with happy barks and whines. 

"Izuku." The greenette glanced up to one of the women, smiling wide. "Do you want to come in? I'll make you some tea, or coffee, whichever you prefer. I'm sure Katsuma and Buck want to spend some time with you, if that's okay with the two of you." She spoke, her voice soft as she glanced at the two men. Midoriya looked over to crimson eyes with a smile, then back at big blue ones. 

"Sure, thanks so much!"