4

Belly and I shared a birthday, it was something we were able to bond over. After our fight the day was different.

We had our good mornings and Happy birthdays, we got to presents and it was awkward.

Laurel got me and Belly the same book which had Susannah's favorite poem.

Susannah made Belly and Me earrings out of her mom's pearl necklace. Her mother gave it to her on her sixteenth birthday.

Since she couldn't give it to me on my sixteenth birthday she gave them to me this year.

Steven got Belly a Princeton shirt and me a Princeton hat. Jeremiah got Belly a key charm and he got me a bracelet with daisies on them.

It was Conrad's turn, he gave Belly a bracelet with sunflowers on them, and when it got to me he had nothing.

It stabbed me in the heart but I got over it. It came to Belly and I giving each other presents. I got us necklaces with our initials on them. She got me a cute pink top.

Belly and Jeremiah went to pick up Taylor and Steven drove me to go pick up my best friend Ethan.

"Why are you and Belly acting so weird?"

"We got into a little fight that's all." "No shit, when." Steven kept asking questions.

"Recently, but it was fine everyone was asleep."

We pulled into the bus station, I got out and saw Ethans's bus. "Ethan!"

"Y/N!" I ran up to him and gave him a giant hug. "I'm so glad you're here."

We made it back to the house and Ethan and I changed into our swimsuits. When we went outside we found Taylor, Steven, Belly, and Jeremiah already swimming.

"Ethan, why don't you go hang with the guys." I smiled at him. "Belly can I talk to you for a minute."

Belly got out of the pool and we went into the kitchen. "Listen Belly, I'm so sorry about what I said..." "No don't. I'm the one who's sorry. I said hurtful things and you didn't deserve any of it."

"No Bells, I should've stopped them. It was your night." I put my hand on Belly's shoulder.

Belly pulled me into a hug. "I hated this." She said. "I did too."

"Come on, let's go swimming."

Belly and I went back to the pool and saw Taylor sunbathing and the boys talking in the pool. "Who's up for chicken?" I said.

"I'm down. Come on, Steven." Jere said. "Fine."

"Come on Ethan...please," I said to Ethan. "Fine, only for you."

"Dibs on Jeremy," Taylor said. "Oh, great, that means I'm stuck with Steven," Belly said.

Afterward, Ethan and I took a walk on the beach.

"I see that you and Belly have worked things out."

"Yeah, it was terrible. But we're all good now."

"So...Conrad?"

"I'm over it. He's got Nicole and plus he's going away to Brown and I'll be at UCLA so it's better this way."

"Y/N..." We sat down. "Conrad will always have this pull on you, forever. He's your first love and always will be."

"But we're never gonna be together, he wants nothing to do with me,"

"Yeah, well. I know the feeling."

"Oh come on, who broke your heart." I jokingly said.

"You did." He took a deep breath.

"What?"