3

I walked out of my room into the kitchen to see everyone except Susannah.

"Good morning," Jeremiah said.

"Y/N, where have you been? Is that a bruise?"

"Um, I-I bumped into someone last night," I told Laurel looking at Conrad.

"You bumped into someone?"

"Doesn't look that bad," Conrad said.

Jeremiah started making me some cereal and sat down next to Belly. "Oh, my God! Belly and Y/N are gonna be debutantes." Susannah came running into the kitchen.

"It's really not that big of a deal," Belly said.

"I'm sorry. Like, Belly? Like, my sister? Like, that thing right there?" Steven announced. "Shut up, cretin."

"And Y/N? What is in the air?" Steven continued. "You know what Steven..." I grabbed a few of my dry cereal and threw it at him.

"Okay, this is gonna be so much fun. Just you wait. There is, uh... there's the tea, the auction, the ball, of course, the rehearsal. I got to write this down. " She gasped. "We need to go shopping."

"This sounds... expensive." Laurel started. "Oh, don't worry, Laur. It's on me. It was my idea after all, and we still need to style you for your book party, so..."

"Don't let Belly drag you into this. Y/N, are you sure you want to do this? It doesn't seem very you." Laurel said.

"It's not," Conrad added. "Conrad, could you please be a little more supportive?... Now, which two of you are gonna be Belly and Y/N's escorts to the ball?" Susannah asked.

"Not me. I went last year." Conrad said. "Yeah, and I swore off balls," Jeremiah added.

"Wow, guys. Stop fighting over us." Belly said. "I think Belly already has someone in mind anyway," I said.

Belly and I ate our breakfast while Susannah and Laurel talked.

"Well, hurry up! We have shopping to do." Susannah said.

We headed to a shopping center and started trying on and buying so many things.

We went into this one store that had tons of white dresses, I'm pretty sure it was like some wedding dress store. Belly and I tried on many dresses but we didn't like any of them. Then Belly found her perfect dress but I was still stuck.

I tried on this one dress and stared at myself in the mirror. Is this what it would be like? Wedding shopping with Susannah, Laurel, and Belly. It felt like a dream. I always thought I would marry Conrad, but lately, I don't even know.

"Oh, my God." Laurel and Susannah said at the same time in different tones.

"It's-it's something."

"Oh, you look like a princess," Susannah said.

"She looks like the Tooth Fairy," Laurel said

"Ah. Look... at that detail. Everybody's eyes will fall out of their heads when they see our girls." Susannah said.

"What about this one?" Belly held up a beautiful dress. When I saw it I knew that was the dress I wanted.

"Oh, no, no, no, that one's much too simple," Susannah stated,

"But it does seem more like Y/N," Laurel added.

"Laur, trust me, these girls go all out."

Laurel dropped Belly and I off at the country club.