1

That time of year came back around, it was time to go back to the only place I felt free. The car turned the corner and there it was Cousins Beach. The place I've known for my whole life.

My mom was dropping me off at Susannah's beach house that she shared with Laurel and her kids.

I haven't seen them since my dad's funeral. A drunk driver came out of nowhere and killed my dad. My mom refused to come back to Cousins.

That was five summers ago. But my mom finally gave in to Susannah's begging and let me have another summer there before I go to college the next year.

The boys haven't seen me since I was thirteen, the boys being Steven, Jeremiah, and Conrad.

The car pulled into the driveway, and Susannah came running out. "She's here!" Laurel followed behind her.

"Susannah! Laurel!" I got out of the car and hugged them tightly. "Y/N!" I heard Belly's voice from the door.

"Oh my god! Belly look at you!" I hugged her. Belly looked so much grown up since the last time I saw her. "No more braces or glasses, who are you? I don't recognize this gorgeous human being." I said to her.

"You finally grew some boobs." She joked.

"And I finally learned how to put makeup on properly." We laughed.

As Belly and I were catching up so were Susannah and Laurel with my mom. Out of nowhere someone came from behind me and picked me up. I screamed, "Put me down!" And laughed.

"Well good seeing you too Y/L/N." Steven put me down. "Look who got taller." I joked. "Or maybe you just got shorter." He grinned.

"I missed you." I gave him a big hug. "I missed you too."

"Alright save some hugs for me," Jeremiah said from behind Steven.

"Hi, Jere." I hugged him. "You look amazing!" "Please! I look the same."

"I don't know Y/N, five years can do a lot...I mean." He pulled his shirt up to show off his abs.

"Oh god put your shirt down." I went to pull his shirt down.

Everyone started catching up but I noticed someone was missing. "Where is Connie?"

Then I saw him come around the corner, in my head some Taylor Swift song was playing when Conrad locked eyes with me. I gave him a soft smile and his eyes lit up. I haven't seen or talked to him since my dad's funeral.

I have been effortlessly in love with Conrad since I was eight and yet here he is. Ten years later, we both look different and have both matured.

"Aren't you gonna say hi?" I asked him. "Hi Y/N."

"Hello, Conrad." I walked towards him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and dug his head in my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around his neck and I hugged him long and tight.

"I missed you," I whispered. "Missed you too." He said back.

I went to my mom and grabbed my stuff and told her bye and then the boys and Belly came up to me.

"Hey, hey, guys, guys. I mean, I-I don't know about you, but I... Well, I-I think it's time for a...Belly flop!" Steven and Jeremiah called out. We all chased Belly and eventually, Conrad grabbed her and the rest of us joined and headed to the pool.

"Y/N! I thought you were on my side!"

"Always Bells, but not when it comes to this."

We all started swinging Belly by the edge of the pool. Belly went flying into the pool. "How's the water?" I asked.