34

𝑨𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝑷𝒊𝒆 ~ 𝑫𝒐𝒏 𝑴𝒄𝑳𝒆𝒂𝒏

It had been a few weeks since the attack at Tony's Malibu mansion. A lot had happened during that period. Tony managed to find the guy that killed his daughter, the Mandarin. But that brought to Maya's death and to Pepper getting kidnapped. Tony, thankfully managed to save her and kill the guy, which felt extremely good.

He then decided to blow up all his suits and get the arc reactor removed.

Meanwhile S.H.I.E.L.D. kept working on finding Cameron. For some reason it was harder than they thought and after an entire month of searching in the ocean, they gave up.

Tony, Natasha and Clint tried to stop Fury from giving up, but they knew that there wasn't much that they could do anymore. They had to face the fact that Cameron was gone.

Tony had just got out of the hospital where he had stayed a few days more for his recovery after the removal of the arc reactor. That same day Nick Fury had officially announced Cameron's death.

As Tony walked out of the hospital with Pepper by his side, what seemed to be like hundreds of journalists and photographers surrounded him.

"Mr. Stark, today the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Nick Fury, announced the death of the agent Cameron Stark. Are the rumors about her being your daughter true?", a journalist asked but Tony didn't answer as he tried to keep walking.

"Cameron Stark was at your Malibu mansion the day of her death, do you think it was your fault?", another journalist asked. At that Tony turned around, going face to face with him.

"Cameron died as a hero, she saved me, even if I most likely didn't deserve that. But don't you dare put any other rumor about my daughter on your newspapers and journals. I won't threaten a terrorist this time, but I will certainly make sure that all of you will never work again", he spat angrily. The journalists and photographers remained wordless as Tony and Pepper got inside the car and drove off.

"She would be proud of you, Tony", Pepper told him softly placing her hand on his. He softly smiled before wiping away the single tear that was falling down his cheek.

•••

After working non stop at the destroyed Malibu mansion, Clint finally went back home. He drove Natasha to her apartment before driving to his house.

It took him a few hours before he finally got there. They had only one television and barely watched the news in his household, so he was almost certain that his family still didn't know about Cameron's death.

As he reached the house, Clint parked his car outside. He looked down and sighed before slowly leaning his head on the steering wheel. He closed his before letting out a scream. He screamed until his lungs gave out.

Cameron had always been a sister to him. He didn't kill her when he was supposed to because he knew how much of a good and caring person she actually was. She was the one that convinced him to propose to Laura, the one that stayed with the kids when he was out with his wife. She meant everything to him and now she was actually gone. It wasn't some trick Hydra wanted to pull off to fake her death, she was gone and she was never going to come back.

He sighed again before finally getting out of the car. He slowly walked to the entrance before taking out his keys and opening the door.