15

𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑯𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 ~ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒏𝒅

2001, Moscow
Hydra Facility

Bucky was being escorted to the 'meeting room'. The Hydra agents took Cameron a bit earlier than him since they wanted her to change for the upcoming mission, but they both knew that it was their last day there.

It had been three years of torture and killing. They met in 1999 when a 18 year old Cameron was thrown into the soldier's cell.

It didn't take long for them to fall in love. Two broken assassins who found their only hope in the future in each other's hearts.

And for years they had been planning their way out of that nightmare.

As Cameron was dragged into a separate room to change she took her chance. She quickly grabbed the hand of the Hydra agent that held her and twisted it, she then turned around and punched him hard in the face making him fall unconscious.

The other two agents in the room rushed towards her, so she turned around ready to fight. One of them grabbed her from her back while the other held his fist up ready to punch her. But she lifted her feet kicking the agent in front of her making him stumble and with a swift move she pushed the agent that was holding her to the ground.

She quickly got out of his grasp and wrapped her legs around his neck choking him. When he was unconscious she grabbed his gun and shot the other agent who fell on the ground with a thud.

She stood up out of breath and started walking out of the room.

Bucky in the other side of the facility took his chance too and started fighting off the Hydra agents that were escorting him. They were four and they still didn't get to the meeting room so they couldn't get back up.

It didn't take him long to knock them all unconscious and when he finished he started running to the lowest part of the facility where they kept the cars and motorcycles.

When he finally reached the room he found Cameron waiting there, gun in her hand. She turned around lifting her gun up as she heard noises, but was met with a pair of worried blue eyes.

She quickly put her gun back and ran towards Bucky. When they reached each other they hugged not wanting to let go.

"We need to go", he said has he nuzzled his face in her dark hair.

"Yeah, let's go", she replied as they pulled apart.

They made her way to one of the motorcycles and Cameron started getting to the front to drive.

"Really? You're going to drive?", Bucky said in a sarcastic tone.

"Shut up, you know that I'm a better driver than you", she replied with a playful smile.

He shook his head and sat on the sit behind her, then she quickly started the motorcycle and made her way out of the facility.

They could hear the agents getting closer so Cameron started going faster while Bucky had his arms around her waist and his face on her shoulder.

When they finally got into the road and out of the facility, the Hydra agents were quick to follow them.

Bucky turned around seeing some of them starting to take their guns out while they followed the two in big cars.

"They're getting too close", Bucky shouted to Cameron.

"Take control of the motorcycle", she shouted back and he quickly did as she said.

Cameron turned around, her body now facing Bucky's, and grabbed her gun as she wrapped her legs around his waist. She held the gun in front of her careful to not hold it too close to Bucky's head then she started shooting.

There were three cars with two people inside each of them, but she luckily had a perfect shot and it wasn't hard to get them.

Within minutes she menaged to shoot all of the Hydra agents and since her gun was out of bullets she let it fall on the ground.

"It's over", she said to Bucky with her voice not much more than a whisper.

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders burying her face in his neck. Bucky wrapped his metal arm around her waist and held her as if his life depended on it.

They were finally free

They drove for hours before stopping in a field out of the town and far away from the Hydra facility.

They both got out of the motorcycle and quickly hugged each other tightly.

When they pulled apart Bucky wiped the tears that were streaming down Cameron's cheeks with his thumb and rested his hand there.

"What do we do now", she asked quietly melting in his touch.

"I wish I could say that we could live that life we always wanted and stay together, but we both know that it won't happen", he replied with hurt in his voice.

"We'll find each other again one day", she said as her hand made their way in his hair.

"I promise that you will be the only one in my mind until we meet again", he gently whispered leaning closer.

"I promise, too", she replied before crashing her lips with his.

That kiss was a goodbye kiss and they both knew it. It was full of love but also of sadness and pain. They weren't going to see each other for years, after all they had been through they couldn't afford to be together. It was a risk that they couldn't take.

They pulled apart breathing heavily after what felt like forever and rested their foreheads together.

"I love you", Cameron said with pain in her voice.

"I love you too, I always will", he replied as his eyes started to water.

They shared one last lingering kiss before they both took different ways. They had pain in their hearts but the only thing that kept them up was that promise.

A/N: Hii, I hope you liked this chapter!! I'm really sorry for updating this late but I had a really important exam to do, it went well tho. I figured that since this specific part of the story was mentioned many times but I never actually wrote it, it was time to do it. I really hope you're enjoying this story by far and if you wanna see some edits for this story you can check my account starkxstories on tik tok!!
If you have any questions you can ask in the comments!!

Love you all 3000♡