16

𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 ~ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒏𝒅

Hydra facility,
Present day

It had been almost one year. One year of constant torture. Cameron had barely seen Bucky after they turned him in the Winter Soldier and the only times they were together he didn't even look at her.

She knew better to not try to make him remember her. She had tried years earlier and she had to fight him and she didn't want to do it now.

That was the surprising part. Hydra still didn't make them fight, she wasn't sure why but she knew deep down that the moment was going to come soon.

She was laying in the cell barely conscious. Hydra had been beating her up for what felt like days and she couldn't even stand.

Suddenly the cell door burst open and a bunch of Hydra agents came in. They roughly took her by her arms and dragged her out.

She managed to walk a bit while they took her through the hallway, but she was still very weak.

Since the first time she was at Hydra they never used the Super Soldier serum on her, so she always had to deal with the pain longer.

When they arrived to a room she had never seen before, the agents dragged her inside.

She slowly lifted her head to be met with a pair of piercing blue eyes. Bucky was looking at her emotionless and Cameron couldn't help but widen her eyes.

She looked around and she realized that the room was the training room of the facility. She knew what was going to happen and she couldn't help the fear building inside her.

The Hydra agents unchained her but still kept her still, even if she wouldn't dare to move.

The agent that had been beating her up in the last months came into the room. She figured that he was one of the agents in charge.

"солдат", he said to the Winter Soldier.
(Soldier)

He moved further in the room getting closer to her, never breaking eye contact.

"You've been here for almost one year, I think it's time to start training our best soldiers again", the agent said turning towards Cameron. She looked at him blankly quickly looking back at the Winter Soldier.

The agent with a move of his hand told the other agents to leave her and they quickly obeyed.

"солдаты, дерутся", the agent said with a smirk on his face.
(Soldiers, fight)

The Winter Soldier quickly did as he said and started rushing towards Cameron. He went to punch her multiple times and she barely managed to dodge since she was still weak. He always went for the attack and she knew that well.

He started getting pissed since she was dodging most of his attacks, so he quickly went behind her back and wrapped his metal arm around her throat.

She stumbled at first but quickly regained her posture and twisted her body while kicking his leg. She didn't even give him the time to think before she threw herself at him making him fall hard on the ground.

She quickly got behind him and wrapped her legs around his neck while holding his metal arm. She didn't want to choke him but only make him fall unconscious.

Bucky struggled for a bit before he took with his right hand a knife from his hidden pocket. He roughly cut her left thigh making her loose her grip and let out a cry.

He didn't give her the time to get up before he grabbed her neck with his metal arm lifting her up and slammed her against the wall.

She struggled to breathe in his tight grip around her neck. She couldn't do anything at this point.

Well she knew how to easily get out of this grip but that meant that she had to grab the knife that he still kept in his pocket and then stab him in the abdomen since she knew that he wasn't going to feel pain in his metal arm.

She didn't want to hurt him, so she could only hope that he would remember something before killing her.

As he continued to choke her his mind raced. Why isn't she fighting anymore?, he kept thinking. He had never seen her before but she was so familiar. It felt wrong fighting her, he didn't want to hurt her.

He knew the consequences if he stopped fighting her, but everything inside him told him to stop. So he did.

He stopped choking her and slowly lowered his metal arm.

She fell on the ground with a loud thud gasping for air.

"Cameron", he softly whispered.

When the agents realized what happened they began to drag him away. He didn't fight though.

His mind just kept racing faster each second. He remembered her even if not fully. She was still a stranger to him but it was like he felt that he knew her.

"Take him to the cell", the agent said.

"But shouldn't we take him to the wiping room sir?", the others asked.

"No, we'll have time for that", he replied turning to Cameron that was still trying to catch her breath while laying on the floor.

The agent lowered to get at her level with a smug look on his face.

"This is what you take for betraying us", he said with fire in his voice.

She didn't even look up at him before the other agents began to drag her to the cell aswell.