12

𝑳𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝑨𝒈𝒆 ~ 𝑴𝑮𝑴𝑻

S.H.I.E.L.D.

It was late in the afternoon and Natasha decided to stay at work since it was supposed to be the day of Cameron's return.

She got thousands of calls from Tony because his daughter was supposed to come back in two weeks, but it had been one month and he didn't even know where she was.

Natasha managed to calm him even if it was really hard.

That day she was looking at some files when she realized that she wasn't alone in her office.

She turned around to be met with a familiar face. She softly smiled and stood up to greet her friend.

"Agent Barton", she jokingly said before hugging him.

"Agent Romanoff", Clint replied with a smile.

When they pulled out of the hug they both went to take a sit.

"You finally got out of your farm", Nat said to her best friend.

"Well today is the day, so I thought it was the right occasion", he shrugged.

They talked for a bit just enjoying that moment together, but after a while a beeping sound filled the room.

They looked around in confusion until Clint's eyes landed on the machine he built with Nat and Cameron for the Morse code.

They shared a look before standing up and reaching the machine. They sat down and looked as a message come from there.

Nat quickly started writing down as Clint checked the machine. After a while it stopped and the two looked at the piece of paper and quickly started to translate.

When they were done Clint read the message out loud.

"It's Agent Stark. I've found some information about Hydra and I have the files to prove it. I don't have enough time to say what I have, but I'll come back at the base in about five hours. Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes is currently stable and he's helping me so we'll be there together. I'll keep you updated and I'll send another message in about three hours", Clint finished looking back at Nat.

She nodded at him before quickly standing up and searching for Fury.

They waited three hours like Cameron said but after a while not even a short message was sent.

Nat stood up from her sit frustrated and started pacing around the room.

"She's fine, you know her", Clint tried to reassure her even if he wasn't convinced himself.

"What if she's not? Maybe she didn't manage to escape and she needs help", Nat replied worriedly. She never showed her emotions but Cameron was her sister and she needed to be sure that she was okay.

Clint was about to reply when Fury entered the room.

"Where's the message?", he asked.

"She should have sent it almost an hour ago but there's no trace of her", Clint sadly said.

"Nick I have to go, she might need help", Nat said.

"I want to send you and with you even an entire team, but we've been searching for her location for the past month and we still don't know where she is", Nick replied.

When Cameron decided to go back to Hydra she didn't tell anyone where the base was because she knew that Fury was gonna send someone to help her and that would have screwed her mission.

Two hours later and there was still no trace of Cameron.

Nat and Clint were going crazy hoping that their friend was fine. Natasha had received ten calls from Tony and she had to tell him that there was an inconvenience but his daughter was going to be fine.

Clint on the other side got many calls from Laura who was worried about Cameron. He also tried to reassure her but she knew him too well to realize that he wasn't telling the truth.

Suddenly another alarm went off making Nat and Clint shoot up. They heard the alarm from the main room of S.H.I.E.L.D. so they started heading there.

When they walked inside the room all the agents were going crazy. There was a system breach.

"What the hell is going on?", Natasha asked to one of the agents.

"I don't know, all the computers started going crazy all of a sudden", he replied

After a few seconds everything went back to normal but one of the monitors showed a strange image.

It was something that seemed like a big facility going on fire. The two best friends immediately knew that the facility was the Hydra base Cameron was in. Hydra hacked the system to show them that she was in there while it was on fire, to show them that their dearest friend was dead.

They didn't believe it, they didn't want to but if Hydra showed that facility going on fire, it was to tell them that she didn't escape this time.

Fury walked up to them, he was shocked aswell because even if he didn't want to admit it he really did care for that little Stark.

"We're not sure yet, maybe it's just fake", he said not sounding convincing at all.
Nat just walked away needing to be alone while Clint decided to call his family to tell them about the sad news.

Fury followed Nat a while later finding her alone staring blankly at a wall.

"I already sent some teams to check on the area even if it probably won't be necessary", he said looking down at the sad redhead.

"I always try to be prepared for something bad to happen but I could've never imagined that Cameron was going to die", she said looking down.

"I don't know why but I'm still not fully convinced", Fury said with a truthful tone.

"Neither am I", she agreed.

"I'll tell Stark, you need to figure some stuff out", he said placing an hand softly on her shoulder.

"Thank you", she quietly replied. She knew what he meant by that. She was going to search for her or at least try to find something to prove that she wasn't dead.

She wasn't going to let her go so easily.

A/N: hiii, I know that this was a bit boring but I also wanted to write their p.o.v. I really hope you're enjoying this story and please trust the process, I promise that it will get better.
I don't like cliffhangers but I thought that this was necessary. You finally know now why this series is called "Sacrificed".
I'll try to update tomorrow!!
If you have some questions you can leave them in the comments :)

I love you all 3000 ♡