~injury time~

AN: thankyou for all the get well soon messages. still not 100% but thought i'd get writing again!!

anyway....ENJOY
———————————————————————

f1

liked by mclaren, maxverstappen1 and 204,635 othersf1: BREAKING: Daniel Ricciardo to leave Mclaren at the end of 2022

f1: BREAKING: Daniel Ricciardo to leave Mclaren at the end of 2022

this wasn't what sofia was expecting to wake up to. She was back at home in england and opened her instagram to have a quick scroll before she got up and ready for her day of training but now she wish she hadn't. she felt so sorry for Daniel. after scrolling further she saw a video he had posted and watched it. it even brought a tear to her eye. danny didn't derserve that. she went onto her facetime app and clicked daniels name.
"hey sof"
"hey dan. just saw the news" she said with a sad smile
"it's bittersweet. between you and me i've not been the happiest anyway"
"you deserve better dan and you will get it. do you think you'll be on the grid next season?"
"it's not looking like it sof. i'm talking to a few teams but not for a seat, more of a reserve role, but that's all i can tell you right now"
"alright just keep me updated. i need to go now but just wanted to check up on you"
"thankyou sof. your a good one" he smiled
"there's that smile we all know and love. keep that up"
"will do. by sof love you"
"bye danny love you"
when they hung up she had a smile on her face. it was good to see he was keeping positive. she knew he had a long flight to japan ahead of him too.
———————————————————————

"i'm open i'm open!!" Sofia shouted as her teammate was struggling to find a pass.
She was running into all the spaces she could find until she finally got the ball passed to her. She set off sprinting until she made her way into the box. She was about to shoot until a defender came and wiped her clean out. She felt herslef flying down inside the box, reaching to grip her ankle. The pain was unbearable and that says something. Sofia was the type of girl who would get a knock or a nasty tackle and still get back up and on with things. she was helped off the pitch by her teammates, who then scored the penalty that had been rewarded. meanwhile, she was taken to the medical room to get it scanned and checked.
While waiting, she decided to facetime Lando. due to the time difference it would be mornong over here.
"hey gorgeous. should you not be on the pitch right now?" he said when he answered.
she felt butterflies as he spoke
"yeah well" she turned the camera around so he could see the medical bed "change of plans, i'm injured instead"
he looked worried "jesus christ what happened?"
"nasty tackle in the box. we got a penalty though so worth it"
"no you idiot it's not worth it" he said while giggling "what's the damage?"
"waiting on my results now, but it's not looking pretty"
"if your injured you can come to the last few races of the season!"
"but that's not the main thought here right?"
"no no of course not" he said with a cheeky grin
she smiled before he spoke again
"anyway i need to go and head to track now. let me know how things are, have you told Carlos?"
"i've messaged him"
"ok good, i'll see you later"
"bye Lan, good luck in quali"
he said thankyou then waved as he hung up the phone.

"Sofia?"
"yea that's me" she said as she sat up
"ok so we can confirm nothing is broken"
"thank god"
"however"
"oh no"
"it's nothing to worry about you've just bruised your ligaments in your leg. you can play again after the new year"
"so i'm out for the rest of 2022!!"
"sorry sofia"
she sighed
"it's ok"

She was given crutches to use for the first couple of weeks to avoid any further damage. When she left she went home and messaged Lando and Carlos to let them know the outcome. They both responded later in the day saying they were sorry she couldn't play. Carlos asked if she could still fly, which she could, and invited her to the final 4 races of the season, Of course she said yes. She loved formula 1, not as much as football, but it was a very close second. She messaged Lando to tell him she would be at the races and he was so excited. Her and Lando had been dating for nearly 2 months and she was falling for him. They still hadn't made anything official but she was hoping they could soon.
———————————————————————

sofiasainz9

liked by landonorris, frankirby and 189,634 otherssofiasainz9: it's bittersweet football

sofiasainz9: it's bittersweet football. one tackle can change a lot. so sad to be wounded but i'll be back in 2023 blues💙

view all comments

landonorris: 💙

carlossainz55: 💙

chelseafcw: see you soon sof💙
———————————————————————

"USA BABY" carlos half shouted as he walked into the paddock on thursday. Sofia hobbled in after him on her crutches.
"carlos i love you and all but please slow down. injured sister right here"
he turned around
"sorry sof. i love austin and got excited"
"i can tell. i love COTA too but you don't see me leaving my injured siblings behind"
"your so dramatic honestly sof"
they giggled as they slowly made their way through the paddock.
"howdy guy"
"ayyy it's cowboy danny ric" sofia said
he moved over to give her a hug.
"what happened?"
she explained the story
"oh gosh. well atleast your here for my last few races"
"don't danny you'll make me cry"
they continued to talk until daniel had to make his way to the press conference.

*ping*

Lan<3: hey, hobbled into the paddock yet? x

Sof🩷: haha aren't you funny, yes just got to ferrari now x

Lan<3: i'm gonna come say hi x

Sof🩷: will they let you in? x

Lan<3: i'll find a way. see you in 5 x

She sat there smiling at her phone before she saw a shadow appear in front of her
"someone's smiley again"
"shush charles"
"messaging Landoooo" he said in a mocking voice
"maybe maybe not" she said smirking
"are you two official yet?"
she sighed
"no"
he sat down next to her
"how come?"
"i don't know Charles. i think i'm ready but i'm worried Lando isnt"
"relax. he's crazy for you, you know that. it just takes time"
"yeah i guess" she smiled.
They both looked up to see a man in papaya stood in a sea of red
"this is my que to leave" charles said. he winked and walked towards Lando to point out where sofia was
he walked over and sat next to her

"hey sof" he said, giving her a quick kiss on the head
"hey lan"
"how's the leg?"
"sore. maybe wouldn't be so bad if i wasn't trying to catch carlos as he power walks down the paddock" she said with a laugh
"look, can i take you out for a drive later. i don't have long but i figured we could use some time just us" he said subtly taking her hand in his
she smiled
"yeah if course"
"great. look i need to go but i will see you tonight"
"bye lan"