~finally~

Sof: Hey Lan, what should i wear for our drive x

Lan: just something comfy x

Sof: ok i'll be ready in 10 x

Lan: i'll come to your hotel room x

a few minutes after this there was a knock at her door. she opened it and saw Lando stood there in a red jumper and some black pants.
"red suits you"
he smiled and thanked her befire giving her a quick peck on the lips.
"ready to go?"
"yeah just let me get my shoes on"

sofiasainz9 via stories

they hopped into Landos car and went for a drive

they hopped into Landos car and went for a drive. he took drove them around texas for a while until they reached a car park. they got out and walked along some trails , very slowly as sofia was still on her crutches, through a forrest until they came to a clearing. it was beautiful and had a bench for them to sit at. it has started to get dark so they sat together, deciding to watch the sunset. it was stunning.

"how are you feeling for the rest of the season?she asked after a while of silence
"i'm feeling ok, the car is definitely better that's for sure, but we are still very far off where we want to be. with danny leaving too, it's gonna be a tough end"
"you guys will smash it i promise. and i'm sure danny will still be around the paddock"
lando smiled
"yeah. i'll miss him a lot. he's been an incredible teammate"
"better than carlos?" she asked with a smirk
he turned to her
"they are both equally as amazing"
they both giggled.

"still upset you can't play?"
"i'm so wounded Lan honestly. it's only been a week and i'm missing it like crazy. hopefully i won't need to use the crutches much longer but i have to be careful until january. and only then can i start training again. who knows when i'll be able to play"
"well you will be fine don't worry. i know it must be annoying having to take a step back but you will be just as incredible when you return"
"i need to be. the world cup in next summer and i need to be on my A game if i want to make the squad"
"after your performance in the euros, i'm sure you have nothing to worry about"
she smiled thinking back. even if they didn't win, she still had an amazing time with the girls, even if Lando did take the mick out of her every time he saw her afterwards because england won it.

The sun began to set even more as a low yellow glow was set across the state. She looked at Lando, who was already looking at her. She looked into his eyes and could tell something was off.
"are you ok Lan?"
"yeah i'm fine it's just..."
he sighed
"speak to me"
"ok i need to be brave and do this"
he took both of her hands in his and looked straight into her eyes. non of them dared to break the eye contact.
"sof"
"lan"
she smiled at him, which relaxed him a lot
"when you walked into the garage back in 2019 with carlos i was stunned. he must have seen the look on my face because that day he made sure to tell me that you are off limits no matter what. of course i listened and we became really good friends. when you didn't show up atall in 2021 i just thought i'd been really unlucky and was missing you around the paddock or that you were spending the whole time in ferrari, but when carlos told me you didn't want to attend i was annoyed and upset. seeing you sat there with danny at the start of this year was crazy. i had so many emotions running through me but the greater of course was just happiness. i think we can all safely say that i had feelings for you, especially with the way i reacted when i thought you and charles were together."
she giggled remembering how he has ignored her after her and charles had to fake date.
"what i'm trying to say is that now carlos approves of us and things have been running smoothly, i've noticed your calm and you seem ready for something more. you seem ready to take the next step. so sof, i'm head over heels for you and would love it if you would do me the honour of being my girlfriend?"

oh my gosh. Lando had asked her to be his girlfriend. Lando Norris. Formula 1 driver. Streamer. DJ. Pro Golfer. photographer. but most importantly her brothers best friend. carlos had always told her not to date racing drivers, but here she was with his best friend, who he even approved of her being with. She realised she hadn't spoken while she was thinking everything through. forgetting about her injury, she jumped into his arms wrapping hers around him.
"yes yes yes of course i'll be your girlfriend Lan"
they pulled out of the hug and shared the most passionate kiss yet. they were truly meant to be together this whole time, it just took a while for them to get on the right path. but they were on it and they would take the path together.

"so" he said after a while "how are you gonna tell carlos"
"i'm gonna make sure your there so he gives you THE TALK"
"oh gosh i think i'd just laugh at him because it's carlos. he doesn't scare me....much"
she giggled.

They spent another hour just sat there together, hand in hand, talking about anything and everything. they were so comfortable together that they couldn't imagine a more perfect evening
———————————————————————

It was race day at COTA and sofia still hadn't told her brother about her and Lando being official. infact she hadn't told anyone. She was walking down the paddock, still using a crutch to support her weight, when charles walked up to her.
"hey charles"
"hey sof, how the leg"
"it's great. i'm feeling soooo amazing" she said sarcastically.
they both laughed
" ok you seem wayyy to happy right now" he said
"what do you mean"
"somethings happened. come on tell me"
"nothings happened charles!"
"i can tell by your face. i know you better than you think sof"
she sighed. telling charles wasn't her first plan, but she didn't see the harm in it.
"okay fine." she stopped walking, making charles stopped too. she leant in and whispered in his ear so nobody could overhear
"Lando asked me to be his girlfriend. and i said yes"
Charles gasped and gave her a hug
"i'm so happy for you sof"
"thankyou charlie"
"i have something to tell you since we are sharing"
"oooo go on"
he lowered his voice
"i asked alex to be my girlfriend just before i flew out here and she said yes"
sofia let out a small squeal
"oh my gosh i'm so happy for you!"
"look at us. fake exes now both in happy relationships."
they both laughed before they continued towards ferrari together

just before they entered charles spoke again
"have you told carlos?"
"nope. that's my job now"
"good luck" he said before he winked and walked off.

she made her way over to Carlos
"hola sof"
"hola carlos. do you have a minute?"
he looked at her concerned
"it's nothing to worry about" she said, sending him a reassuring smile
"yeah come on i've got 5 minutes" he said as they walked to his driver room

they sat down together before he turned to her
"what's up?"
"well i have some news for you"
"go on...."
"well the other day me and lando went for a drive"
"yes i know"
"well, when we were sat together he asked me to be his girlfriend......and i said yes"
carlos froze for a second which worried sof, but she then saw a huge smile sneak onto his face
"finally!!" he said
she giggled
"what?!"
"he's been wanting to do that for weeks now!"
she laughed
"you knew?!"
"of course i knew sof. he's my best friend, i know everything"
she gave him a playful hit on the arm

That's night, she waited until ben would be awake before she facetimed him. he screamed when she told him. sometimes she thought he was a bigger girl than she was. he asked for all the details to which she happily talked him through the whole night. eventually she wished him luck for training before hanging up to go to sleep.

sofiasainz9 via stories

just as she was drifting off there was a knock on the door

just as she was drifting off there was a knock on the door. she was annoyed. who could that possibly be knocking on her hotel room door at this time. she hobbled over to the door and opened it with an angry expression, which quickly settled when she saw Lando stood there. she let him in and closed the door.
"what's up lan?"
"fancy some company for the night?" he said with a sweet smile
she giggled
"always"
he opened up his arms, which she walked into embracing him in a hug. he picked her up and carried her to the bed where they cuddled together and fell asleep in each others arms, both with smiles on their faces.