~you look good together~

sofiasainz9 via stories

the singapore grand prix had arrived and luckily sofia didn't have a game that weekend so was able to fly out to watch her brother and Lando race

the singapore grand prix had arrived and luckily sofia didn't have a game that weekend so was able to fly out to watch her brother and Lando race. Ben  had joined her on this trip. She hadt spent as much time with ben this year as she usually did, as she had been more invested in racing than ever. They entered the paddock, red ferrari paddock passes dangling round their neck.
"feel good to be in the paddock" she said taking in the sights around her
"it's definitely a nice change from the football pitch" ben smiled back

Arthur: Hey Sof, saw your in the paddock. fancy coming visiting me at ferrari cause i'm bored :)

Sof: on my way arthur

Arthur: you've always been my favour Sainz🫶

Sof: and you've always been my favourite Leclerc😉

They made their way into the ferrari garage.
"Sofiaaaa"
"Arthurrrr"
She gave the boy a hug before letting him greet Ben. Her and Arthur being the same age meant they got along very well. They had known each other for a while considering both their brothers race in Formula 1.
"Carlos is over there by the way" arthur said pointing out into the pitlane
"thanks, i'll be right back"

She walked out into the pitlane to see Carlos stood talking to Lando, Daniel and Pierre.
"Hey guys" sofia said as she approached carlos and gave him a hug
"hey sof. help me here. french is a more attractive language than spanish, yes?" pierre said
"pierre, lovely, your asking that to a spanish person"
"oh shit yeah. i'm so used to you being in england that i just assume your english at this point"
this sent the group into a fit of giggled. Sofia went and stood next to Lando, who casually put his arm around her shoulders.
"you look beautiful today" he whispered to her while the other three were still laughing.
"thankyou" she smiled back.
"so sof" daniel started "predictions for the weekend?"
"checo will win"
"really?" he asked " i don't know if you've noticed this season but it's kinda been the max verstappen show"
"i'm aware, but checo will win. i'm certain"
"i'll hold you to that"
"you do that danny" she said as they smirked at each other.
Carlos made eye contacts with Sof and noticed her and Lando stood close. he sent a wink her way to which she subtly flipped him off. As if their minds had been read, pierre spoke.
"Lando, Sof, you guys seem pretty close. anything going on there ay?"
"no mate, we are just close that's all" Lando said while he squeezed sofias shoulder slightly to reassure her that wasn't just the case.
"hmm alright if you say so. you look good together though" pierre said as he winked and walked off towards charles, who was walking out of the ferrari garage.

"phew that was close" Carlos said
Sofia and Lando instantly gave him a look, considering Daniel was stood there.
"shit" carlos then said.
Daniels eyes widened in realisation. He pointed between Sofia and Lando
"you two?"
They both smiled
"are you together?" he said lowering his voice, aware that they were trying to keep it low-key
"not officially, but we've been on dates" sofia said smiling
"i'm so happy for you!" daniel said as he gave them both a hug
"ok dan, id like to be able to breathe thanks mate" lando said as his face was squished
Daniel moved away "sorry mate"
The four of them giggled before parting ways, Lando giving Sofia a quick kiss on the head when nobody was looking, before following Daniel down to the Mclaren garage.

Sofia and Carlos walked back into ferrari, where they saw Ben, Arthur and Charles all in deep conversation. They walked over to join them.
"so how come your here anyway Arthur. F3 don't race this weekend?" she heard ben ask
"i'm here with ferrari. They are having a few of their academy drivers here today"
Sofia then asked "Is ollie here?"
"he will be tomorrow and sunday. sometimes i think you secretly like ollie more then me" arthur said with a laugh
"oh it's not a secret. Ollie is my favourite"
"fuck you" he said which set everyone off laughing.
It was true that her and Ollie got along well. He was only 17 but they had a very good relationship. Almost like siblings. They spoke a lot and he would always come to her when he had a problem or just wanted to talk something over. He came to alot of her football matches too when he was in England.

Arthur, Ben and Sofia sat above the ferrari garage to watch both free practise sessions. They walked out into the pitlane as the cars were coming in. Sofia have carlos a thumbs up as he drove into the garage, before she went for a walk down the pitlane. She stood outside Mclaren, and watched Lando get out his car. He took his helmet off before noticing her. He then excused himself from his engineers for a minute and walked over.
"amazing drive Lan"
"meh not to bad i guess. good data on the board and always good to get some laps in to practise around a track like this. one mistake and your in the wall"
"yeah well i better not see you in the wall tomorrow or sunday"
"why don't you watch from mclaren tomorrow?"
"that would look incredibly suspicious"
"you've done it before"
"yes when Carlos was at Mclaren"
"pleaseeeee"
"i'll think about it, but Ollie is here tomorrow and Sunday and i've not seen him in ages. He lost the championship after the mess up from the FIA at monza and i've not seen him since so i wanna make sure he's feeling a bit better about it"
"older sister vibes"
"that's kinda what our relationship is like to be fair"
"i've noticed that. it's cute"
"yeah....should you not be talking to your engineer right now?"
"meh probably"
"probably?"
"well i would be if a pretty girl wasn't stood at the door of my garage distracting me"
she looked around which made Lando laugh.
"it's you sof"
"i'm aware" she giggled "anyway go look at your data. i'll see you later"
he gave her a hug and said goodbye
———————————————————————

Saturday came around and Sofia couldn't wait to get into the paddock. Quali day was one of her favourites, plus she got to gossip with Ollie today. Her and Ben entered the ferrari garage and she immediately saw Ollie stood with Arthur.
"Ollie!"
he jogged to her and gave her a hug
"how are you?" she asked
he let off a sad smile
"i've been better, but hey i have some good news for you"
"go on...."
he lowered his voice
"it's not been announced yet but i'm racing in formula 2 for prema next year"
"oh my god ollie that's incredible" she gave him another massive hug
"thanks sof. it makes me feel a bit better about the championship"
"ollie honestly you drove your heart out. being the youngest driver out there and still getting P3 out of 30 drivers is fucking amazing"
"yeah i guess"
"now let's not think about that and let's sit and watch Carlos get pole position"

They all sat and watched the sessions together on saturday and sunday. once again during those days, sof would have little moments with Lando when she saw him around the paddock or pitlane, but that was as close as they could ever get without something seeming strange. There were cameras all around the place and with Lando being a formula 1 driver, there was never a moment where they wouldn't be noticed.

Sofia once again stood outside the Mclaren garage.
"Sofia Sainz"
"Daniel Ricciardo"
"i'll give you your due, you were right about Checo"
"i'm just good at predictions"
"well next time could you predict that i win?"
"but then i'd break my streak"
"you little bitch"
"you love me really"
"yeahhh your right"
they both laughed as Lando came over
"hey guys"
"hey Lan. you drove well today"
"not the result i wanted but we keep pushing. Oh dan that remind me, Zak wants to speak to you"
danile looked puzzled but then said "alrighty, see you both later"

as he walked off sofia asked "what's it about"
"i don't know but zak wasn't looking too happy"
"danny's results haven't been what you all wanted but we can't blame him for that right"
"no. i just hope it's something good"
"me too Lan"
"so, fancy dinner tonight?"
"i'd love too"
"i'll pick you up at 9"
"that's late"
"i'm at track until 8"
"understandable, i'll see you at 9"