Ch 24

Edited by Creepy-Face

It was early in the morning and Cameron had already begun his journey to give Enin the golem. He rode on the golem's shoulder as it trudged through the forest, crushing everything in its path. Ali however had changed into his animal form, a cute silver kitten, and when he got older, his animal form would grow into an older mature cat, but for now he was only a cute little kitten which Cameron couldn't take his hands off of.

Ali was extremely comfortable and purring happily as Cameron petted him. Yet contrary to his outside appearance he was thinking quite intensely on the inside. His thoughts would occasionally turn into mush when he got too much into the petting but, oh well. At this moment his thoughts had already been turned to mush a long time ago and his purring was quite loud. He would even occasionally rub his small kitten head into Cameron's palm that was petting him.

He only came back to his senses when Cameron stopped petting him. Ali immediately stopped purring and looked up at Cameron confused. Cameron smiled slightly before pressing a small kiss on the other's fluffy head. "I'm going to get us something to eat," he said simply. After saying this he stood up and then commanded the golem to "Stand and stay still" The golem stopped walking, and almost looked like a statue as it instantly froze its movements.

Cameron then placed the small neko on the shoulder of the golem before jumping down. Before leaving he looked back at the kitten watching him leave,"Be a good boy and stay okay?" Ali nodded his small kitten head obediently, Cameron then left with satisfaction.

After seeing that Cameron left Ali switched back into his human form and put on his clothes which were resting on the golem's head. He sat where Cameron was previously sitting on the golem's shoulder. He yawned lazily with an expressionless face, he then tilted his head to the side, what was he thinking about again?

Ali spaced out for a while, pondering his thoughts before it finally came back to him. He was thinking about Cameron's best friend who was at Ravendale City. Ali frowned slightly when he thought about it, since Cameron was reborn, he would go, and find his best friend? Would Cameron's attention and love be lessened towards him?

Ali previously Hatsu who had always been lonely, and hadn't felt true affection till now was a bit insecure and now that he had fully merged with this body and with the original Ali's memories now being his own, he felt even worse. Ali bit his lips nervously. His Cameron wouldn't abandon him would he?

Before he could think about it any further he was suddenly lifted up and his head was rubbed lovingly, "What are you thinking about so seriously?" Cameron asked teasingly. Cameron had come back a while ago with fruits to eat when he saw Ali seriously thinking about something, and he was so deep in thought he didn't even notice when he came!

Thinking this way Cameron jumped down from the golem to the ground before putting the slightly dazed Ali on his feet, he then pretended to be hurt. "What are you thinking about? Is it more important than me? You didn't even know that I came back," Ali's eyes widened slightly, how could anything be more important than his Cameron? "I was just deep in thought thinking about something, it's nothing important!" he hurriedly began to coax Cameron "You are the most important!"

Cameron chuckled at Ali's attempt to coax him, it was only joking, but now having been really coaxed he was feeling a lot happier. "Hmm,I believe you," he said with a smile. Seeing him smile so happily, Ali was relieved. Cameron then turned around to get the carefully wrapped fruits in leaves which were lying in some grass a few meters away. He went towards it and sat down, he then motioned to Ali to come over.

Ali went over, and sat down. Cameron then opened the leaves, and a rich sweet smell of fruits wafted out. Ali looked at them eagerly, and picked out one which looked delicious to him. He took it up and then split it in two.  He gave Cameron one half, and took the other half. He then took a bite, and sighed happily as its sweet yet refreshing taste filled his mouth. It had a lot of juice, and some even ran down his chin. It was soft but not really. 'Maybe the texture of a watermelon, and an apple mixed together?' Ali thought to himself as happily took another bite.

Cameron smiled as he watched Ali eat. The fruit that Ali was now was called a Camu since Ali liked it so much he would look for it more often. After they were finished eating they continued their journey. This time however Ali kept his human form, and he was sitting lazily in Cameron's lap. Cameron had an arm around to keep still while sighing at Ali's laziness. He wanted to move the other out of his lap so he could support his own body while sitting down, but the moment he moved to do so Ali looked up at him very pitifully. This pouting doe eyed image shot Cameron's heart, and Ali very triumphantly continued to lay in his lap lazily. Cameron could only sigh in defeat.

After a while of traveling they began to see a very large wall which only got bigger as they went closer. Soon enough they came out of the forest, and into a clearing in front of the large wall. There was only a single gate in the wall where two guards were collecting money for the city. There was a long line from the gate filled with people, and in order not to go into the forest the line was bended and went along with the circular wall. Some people looked at them when they had come out of the forest and that was when Cameron found a problem. How were they supposed to find Enin in such a huge city? Cameron was about to facepalm himself when Enin, the person in question, came sprinting over.

"I was wondering where you two were at, I thought you scammed me after all." he said as he panted slightly when he reached them, Cameron raised an eyebrow before jumping down with Ali in his arms, Ali went down once they landed. "Before we give the golem to you, give us money to enter the city." Cameron said, Enin's lips twitched, but they had already come so far it didn't make sense to argue. Enin gave them the money and then took out a mana sheet. The ownership of the golem was quickly transferred over and Enin went away, as fast as his feet would move. He couldn't stand staying with these two!

Hey guys!I'm back again!Thank you guys for your support while I was gone .Please continue to vote ,comment and follow if you like my work!

Bye!