Chapter 95 - Dwarven Kingdom

Start from the beginning

Before getting back here, we did have to go through the long and bending caves again to get across the bridge, I guess I could just fly that part but by the sounds of it, dwarfs actually have something that sounds like an air defence harpoon turret that uses gunpowder.

Petra seems to remember something about that and it's because wyverns used to flock to these mountains to be close to the volcano, not obviously that close but apparently the heat that surrounds this huge island is attractive to them since they dislike the cold. Also, dwarfs are a fan of the meat harvested from the flying creatures so you can see why flying into this place isn't the greatest of ideas. This bird be eating fried chicken, not becoming one for a dwarf.

Enough recapping though, let's push ahead, not really sure where we should go though.

"You've been here a lot Petra, where should we go to set up a trade deal then?"

Despite Petra pausing and taking her time to answer, this is something she would have a lot of experience on, she has spent a lot of time over here helping a lot of people. If there's someone interested handling the purchase of large quantities of gold, then she should know, if her memory allows it though.

"Our best bet would be someone from the kingdom itself but I'm pretty sure they hired a new Jarl and had a shift about recently so I'm not too sure if that will work. If anyone will know, the gnome should"

Ah, looks like we're paying another visit to Garry the gnome and his misses again, don't think I actually thanked them for completing my dress so I guess I can show my appreciation. Actually, I'm not going to do that, dwarfs do prefer insults to compliments after all, except with elves, most of these lot up here just simply hate them.

'Looks like we're heading to the train station again...'

__________

"Heh... you're snoring again Ikarus"

"Wha-... don't care... don't be so comfortable and I won't snore"

"Heh, that's more of you problem but we've just arrived now"

Sleeping on her shoulder while on the train has basically become a thing at this point so no point even describing it in detail. In all honesty, I might just be a bit clingy to Petra so having the rare nap on her shoulder is probably comfortable just because I'm next to her more than anything else. I mean, it's a shoulder, not something really comfortable like a lap pillow for example. Need to make an excuse up for another one day but for the life of me, I'm unsure how to go about it other than just be blunt.

It's a shame we've got to get up now but business awaits I guess, I do tend to snore when in deep sleep and did just fly quite the while without stopping so that at least would explain that, even if I could sleep another hour or two. Oh well.

We both get up exiting the train and head towards the gnome's shop traversing the endless stairways within the huge cave of this part of the dwarven kingdom, it's not long but it does allow me some time to wipe the sleep out of my eyes and focus on something Petra is doing.

"You alright Petra?"

She's seems a little tense, mostly because she's holding my hand a little tighter than usual. It's not like it hurts or anything but picking up little differences like that can be noticeable when we basically hold hands all the time.

"Huh? Ah sorry Ikarus, unsure why I feel this way"

Well, even if she doesn't know why's she feels tense, then there's not really much I can do. Sure, there's always ways to put your mind at ease but Petra does normally have a reason so maybe her mind is just wondering right now. I'll just leave her be but if she wants to talk about it, then I'll listen.