𝟣.𝟢𝟦: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃

Start from the beginning

˚┊❛ Third Person POV❜┊˚

And so the Lorax began spying on The Once-Ler. It's not like he hasn't done this before, but this time he has hoped the Once-Ler would come around. Then he comes back to Kristel's apartment, telling her everything as she writes.

The Lorax noticed something from Kris. She works non-stop. There were nights that she didn't sleep, but that's fine, right? She was doing all she could for the animals, even if it meant sacrificing an hour or so.

The Once-Ler had no suspicion of this happening. He was completely oblivious. He was working on his desk, or at least admiring the models of buildings on his desk while he smoked.

˚┊❛ Once-Ler's POV❜┊˚

It's a miracle! The Lorax hasn't bothered me for weeks! Is he finally coming to his senses? No, I know him in the back of my mind. He's probably using his "powers" to stop me. Such a fraud, why won't he just let me do my job? I've been biggering for the extent of human needs! The economy needs me! But you can't please everyone, that's what I learned.

I took a puff on my cigarette. Relaxing on my office chair. It was all calm until I heard a creak. I whirled my chair to turn at the noise. Ugh, it's the Lorax. Guess I jinxed it. "What are you doing here?" I said with an annoyed tone. "Nothing much." He looked loosened up, that's odd.  I've been used to him being so angry. I rubbed my eyes in annoyance. "What do you want? Wait, don't tell me." I started to mock him "Oh, Once-Ler. Don't cut any more trees I beg of you" I mocked. "Now get your pathetic butt out of here and leave"

"Well, I must warn you. A storm shall whist upon your doing. And it will ruin you, I tell!" He sounded threatening, and I scoffed it off. "Really? And what's some silly storm going to do" I chuckled. "Go, before I call the police"

"Don't say I didn't warn you, Beanpole. Don't say I didn't- AH" I pulled a lever in the office. The lever opened a hatch that the Lorax fell in. Was it safe? I don't know, but at least he's gone. I went back to my desk.

˚┊❛ Lorax's POV❜┊˚

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH" I fell onto an abandoned mattress. I shook my fur, cleaned myself, and went back to Kristel's apartment. Kris-berry was doing the usual, working at her desk. "Well?" She said tiredly, "Anything new?" She turned around to me. I shook my head. I sat on the edge of her desk, watching her work.

I felt curious and asked. "Why do you call Beanpole 'C'?" "Why do you call C 'Beanpole'?" She chuckled. "Do you just call everyone a plant?" "Maybe" The air was filled with silence until she spoke. "C was an... Old nickname of his" She shrugged. "His eyes were as blue as the sea... And well, he was normally called Oncie. And 'C' just stuck with me." She chuckled. "Additionally, it rhymes."

There was silence once more. She continued to write until she said, "Finally, finished!" I looked at her desk, filled with paper. There were 20 pages in the document, A lot of information to break him in this one single document. She stood up from her chair, "This is where I end the night." She walked to her bed. "Good night, Pump." She closed her eyes.

"Good night, Berry." I sighed and went to sleep with the Barbaloots. I felt excited to tell the critters the good news tomorrow. I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘