I tried not to feel bad at the eager expression on Grey's face that slightly fell. They were his family but I couldn't just show up, they were people I wasn't used to.

"T-They know about you," I whipped my head to Grey as he whispered and a surprised sound escaped me.

Grey adjusted Mayella whose head was falling off his chest and when he met my eye, he scratched his stubble before saying, "Mayella told them about you."

He looked away soon after and I nodded to his words though I felt that something was off. I didn't question him about avoiding my gaze though I eventually gave in to going up with him.

He got off the car so fast after I gave my consent and I laughed softly at his actions. He opened the car door for me then handed me the carrier bag he had taken earlier.

Grey led me up a flight of stairs as I anxiously followed behind him. I tried to picture what to expect, having met Mr Williams during the school event weeks ago.

He had been kind and polite though I was still anxious for some reason. The doorbell rang twice before an older man opened the door and greeted us warmly.

They had a butler!

He smiled at me after introducing himself as Zachary then asked us how we had been. Taking the light carrier bag from my hands, he led us further into the house.

The interior of the house was just as magnificent as it's exterior. Expensive looking couches adorned the living room, paintings of great art on the cream walls.

"Grey, you're here." A new voice called and I turned around to them. "I was just about to call," the lady spoke again as her gaze turned to me.

I smiled politely as I moved closer to Grey and it surprised me when she smiled back. She had Mayella's eye and hair color so she had to be her mother.

"You must be Grey's friend," she came to stand in front of me, her smile even widening. Her words amazed me and I peeked at Grey who was still carrying Mayella beside me.

"My name is Elle," I held back from saying something else though my mouth seemed to a mind of its own. "I'm Grey's g-girlfriend."

She almost squealed after I said so, pulling me into a hug. "I finally meet you!" I caught Grey's gaze from her back and there was a prominent glow on his face.

"I'm Rosie, Reece's mom." She pulled away smiling then told me that I looked prettier than she'd been told. I blushed profusely then complimented her curly hair.

"I'll put her to bed," Grey cleared his throat and Rosie shook her head as she took her daughter from his arms offering to take over from there.

"I know you have somewhere to be," Rosie winked at him and I look between the two of them confused at their gestures.

"It was nice meeting you Elle, I hope to see you again." I nodded eagerly and she smiled one last time before leaving up the stairs.

Grey and I then walked out and just as I closed the door of his car, he grasped my arm. Moving closer to my seat, he asked. "Say it again."

I scrunched my eyebrows at him and his thumb moved to straighten them before going to my cheek. "What you said to Rosie."

When my thoughts registered, I tried to hide my face from him though he held me in place. I looked into his eyes as I said, "I'm your girlfriend."

Grey bit his lip then smiled, ever so broadly, not averting his gaze even for a second. He smooched both of my cheeks as he murmured into them, "I love it."