Chapter 2: THE LITTLE THINGS

Start from the beginning

Wanda: Thank you! You're pretty too.

Girl: Are you a superhero?

A subtle smile emerged on Wanda's face with a hint of doubt.

Wanda: No. I'm just someone trying to do better...

As she was about to fly away, the girl revealed her name.

Ashley: My name is Ashley.

Wanda turned around and smiled.

Wanda: It was really nice to meet you, Ashley. That's a pretty name.

Ashley: (shy) Thanks. I like yours too.

Wanda: You take care of your cat now okay?

Ashley: I will.

Wanda flew away while waving goodbye.

Ashley: Woooow.

3:55 PM

Somewhere in a small town, Wanda saw another small girl (aged 7) outside a school. But she was crying outside the building, curled up in a ball.

She flew in front of the girl, descending from the sky and then walked towards the girl to comfort her. This girl, however, knew about the recent controversy surrounding The Scarlet Witch.

Wanda: What's wrong?

When she looked up and saw Wanda standing in front of her, she was startled and filled with angst.

Girl: (gasps)

The girl looked at Wanda with wide eyes as if she saw a ghost, unable to speak any words.

Wanda knew exactly what was happening, she sighed with sadness in her heart.

Wanda: I'm not here to hurt you. It's okay.

The girl was trying to stand up and run away, but she was too scared to move a muscle. Wanda felt completely disheartened, but still tried to make peace. She slowly walked closer and closer.

Wanda: It's okay. I won't hurt you, I promise. I know you probably heard some bad things... about me. But I promise you... that's not who I am...