41- One last investigation

Start from the beginning

Miu's right. The burnt flesh smell is disgusting and filling the entire room. But we didn't finish investigating yet.

"I actually do. Since we haven't access to the Monokuma file, we should discover the murder weapon by ourselves. Any guesses?"

"Well that's obvious, Kokichi was burnt to death." Her tone was bitter.

"...We can't be sure of that." I analysed the body carefully. "Well, I cant see any physical injuries... But even so... He could have been poisoned just like Yumeno was. We have to go check Shuichi's lab, Kirumi's first aid kit and the infermery just in case" i say getting up and helping Iruma up too.

We both headed to the infermery and checked the different cabinets, one by one. None of the medicines had been used nor opened since the last time Monokuma restocked them, which was after Rantaro's death and the end of the despair disease.

We then got in Kirumi's lab. There was so many things there that it took us almost fifteen minutes to find the small, red and white box that contained, once more, every single package completely intact.

Shuichi's lab was not different. It's true that the shelves are full of different poison bottles, but the detective always kept them organized by size and effect, so it wasn't as hard as we thought to inspect them and conclude that nothing there had been used recently. To be honest, the room looked like it was rarely visited, nothing out of place and everything clean. I don't think Shuichi ever got in here, maybe it makes him feel unconfortable?

"This was a fucking waste of time" Miu complained.

"No, it wasn't. Now we are a bit more sure that the murder weapon was the fire and not anything else. Also... Thank you for being my partener Iruma. You are really helpfull."

She looked up at me.

"It's true that I love to see you all being sad and shit, but it's time to go to the trial grounds! See ya there!" Monokuma's voice inrupted from the monitors.

"I'm going to have a last peek at my lab. Wanna come?" She said while walking to the stairs.

"I have to go find Shuichi first. See you soon."

Miu nodded and ran down the stairs. A few seconds later, I did the same, and soon was in the dorms unit, knocking at Shuichi's door.

"Shuichi? Is everything ok? Are you there?" I ask. I can only hear sounds of something hitting the walls from inside. That's when I realise that he left the door unlocked.

"Shuichi, I'm coming in..."

I slowly open the door. What I see next...

Shuchi was throwing everything he could land a hand on. Papers, books, pens, pillows... Even his own chair had been thrown at the walls, making some paint fall of. He was totaly out of himself.

"Shuichi! Calm down! Remember that damaging school property is against the rules!" I run to him, trying to hold his arms toghether so he can't destroy anything else.

"Ahh don't worry! I've been watching him since the begining of the investigation! This is pure entertainment!" Monokuma, who I haven't seen when I entered the room, said.

"Shuichi, look at me. You have to calm down." I say, finaly able to sit him down in his bed after he kicked it one last time. The boy sinks his face on his hands, breathing heavyly.

"Shhhhh... It's ok... Were going to be fine. Everything is going to be fine..." I mutter, patting his back.

"We wont. I wont. He wont." He says with a weak, sore voice, raising his head. He was crying for a while now, his red, puffy eyes told me so. "If only I had done something, if only I had been by his side by then... Maybe he would still be alive..."

"... Listen Shuichi. I don't know much about Ouma, but I'm sure of one thing. He cared for every single person in this game. Maybe he would be happier this way. If it was you in his place for example, Kokichi would hate himself for the rest of his life, don't you think? Afterall, he tryed to save you in the VR, even if it costed his own life. I think that what I'm trying to say is... That he would be happy to know that we could all escape this place well and alive."

Shuichi looked down for a bit, before starting to cry again.

"H-he didn't deseve dying like this. It's way too cruel-"

"None of us deserved to go through what we did until now. But now, we're going to leave this place behind and return to our normal lives. And for that we only have to play one last trial."

Monokuma was getting clearly angry at us.
"Yeah. You have one last trial to find the killer and blah blah blah. I'm giving you 10 minutes to clean this mess before it. You're lucky I'm feeling nice today. Don't be late." He left.

"Come on Shuichi, I'll help you out."

We both started putting everthing in it's rightfull place, not sharing a word. Shuichi seemed to have calmed down thought.

"Hum... Shuichi? What exactly is this?"

I hand him something that looked similar to a small but long needle with an even smaller black ball on one edge. Shuichi analysed it quickly before shrugging and placing it in his uniform pocket.

"No idea. But we're running out of time, we better get going."

And so we did. We walked to the shrine and with everyone else, entered in the elevator.

AHJGGHAGAHSD I DON'T KNOW HOW AM I GONNA WRITE THE TRIALLLL I MEAN I DO BUT I ALSO DON'T NSDNDBDB