Ch 8: The Wolf Den

I had wandered into my favorite clearing in the woods in my daze and sat down on a small rock cliff. Only about 10 feet up, not a high deal.

I was lying on my back, staring up at the navy blue sky exploding with stars when I heard a rustling in the bushes and trees around me. I sat up and looked around, ready to smash my Z-Band.

"Hello?" I called into the darkness and raised my arm up, ready to bring it down when Wyatt stepped out.

"Woah woah, easy princess. Just me." He raised his hands in surrender and laughed as I laid back down on the rock.

"It's just little puppy dog Wyatt?" I grinned as he frowned.

He ran up the small hill and joined me on the rock, laying his head on his hands and watching the sky.

"They're really beautiful over here." I whispered quietly as I watched a shooting star.

"Yeah. Hey, come with me." He stood up and grabbed my hands, pulling me to my feet.

"Where?" I questioned as he pulled me through the forest. "Am I getting kidnapped right now?" I joked and he laughed but didn't stop walking.

"Trust me. Trust little puppy dog Wyatt, would ya?" He shrugged.

We went through bushes, over hills, under branches and everything else for a while longer before we arrived at a cave.

"Why-" I went to ask when we stopped but he shook his head. "Follow me. Please."

He let go of my hand and walked inside in front of me, trusting that I'd follow. Well obviously I'm gonna follow him.

For whatever invisible reason, I felt safe with Wyatt Lykensen.

I walked inside and let my eyes adjust to the darkness before I walked through the carved out halls.

I found Wyatt a couple minutes later and he smiled and led me into a larger room.

I spotted several wolves I recognized almost immediately.

Wynter, Willa, Wesley, Willow, Wanda, Wylliam, Wren and Whitler were in some classes with me.

"Our language, awoo Ziarah. That means welcome." Wyatt told me as he led me around the room by my hand.

"Oh, awoo!" I randomly howled and all the wolves howled back.

"You said that perfectly. You're not a wolf huh?" He smirked and we stopped near some rock lamps.

"Why am I here?" I questioned and he dropped my hand and picked up one of the lamps.

"I believe you will lead us to the Moonstone. I believe you're the Hybrid. I believe that you're part werewolf!" He told me as he held up the lamp and a blurred video showed on the cave wall.

It showed a girl with green and white hair howling and dancing with the rest of the wolves.

"What?!" I shouted.

Wyatt:
Turn up, explain our history
Pull back the veil of mystery
What's written on the gate is prophecy
The great alpha is our destiny
Show us the power of chemistry
Lead us to the source of our energy
No one knows her identity
But she looks like you, identically
This is how we're living our lives
Living our lives, living our lives (Yeah)

Wolves (Except Willa):
Can you feel the call to the wild
The call to the wild, the call to the wild
We are the call, we are the call
We are the call to the wild

Ziarah:
I see a real community
Unique, but you have unity
You know who you're supposed to be
Released to the rhythm totally

Wyatt:
I feel the vibe when you're close to me
And you can feel it too, hopefully
Now look up, and tell me what you really see
A bunch of stray wolves or a family
This is how we're living our lives
Living our lives, living our lives (Yeah)

Wolves:
Can you feel the call to the wild
Call to the wild, the call to the wild
We are the call, we are the call
We are the call to the wild
We are the call, we are the call
We are the call to the wild

Willa:
Hold up, before you do, let me interrupt
She's a cheerleader, not an alpha
You're in the den, but you'll need to earn my trust
Now show me what you got if you're one of us

Willa started making a beat with her hands as half of the wolves stood behind her, doing the same. The other half, including Wyatt, stood behind me as we copied.

She started howling, then waiting for me to copy. She finally accepted me and we high fived, then we all started dancing again.

Wyatt:
This is how we're living our lives (It's how you're living)
Living our lives, living our lives, yeah

Wolves:
Can you feel the call to the wild (Can you feel, hey)
Call to the wild (Hey)
The call to the wild (I can feel)

All:
We are the call, we are the call
We are the call to the wild
We are the call, we are the call
We are the call to the wild

While we were singing they'd werewolf magiced me into werewolf hair, nails and clothes.

I felt like a princess, I was literally wearing a tiara.

They started howling happily but I understood them now.

'Call to the wild' I heard one say.

I heard another howl and someone said 'Werewolves rock'.

I stared at them in amazement as Wyatt hopped up on the lifted circle next to me.

"You can hear them, can't you? Their howl's meanings. You understand them."

I just nodded and continued listening.

"Ziarah!" I heard Zed shout as he ran through the wolves to me, clutching his Z-Band and pushed Wyatt away. "Don't make me take this off, you don't wanna see me zombie out!" He threatened.

One of the wolves growled at him and he chucked his Z-Band away. He zombied out and picked the wolf up, throwing him against the wall.

I furiously tore off my own Z-Band and chucked it at his head, zombieing out before he turned around.

We started growling at each other but I ultimately controlled myself better and distracted him while Addison ran up from behind Bree, Bonzo and Eliza and put his Z-Band on.

His veins retracted as Wyatt clicked my Z-Band together.

"Zed, I want to be here." I reassured him.

"But you texted help!" Bree reminded me as her and Addison held up their phones.

"Yeah I needed help on the chemistry homework. Didn't you guys see the beaker emoji?" I questioned and they looked at their phones sheepishly.

I noticed that Addison was also wolfed out in her clothes and hair.

"I love your hair by the way. New stylist?" Eliza grinned at me.

"Wolves. They know hair." I shrugged.

"And manicures." Wynter held her hands out as the wolves started murmuring.